Community
Search
Notices
RC Radios, Transmitters, Receivers, Servos, gyros Discussion all about rc radios, transmitters, receivers, servos, etc.

Using two onboard rx packs

Search this Thread

Old 10-05-2003, 10:20 PM
bonanzadrv
My Feedback: (21)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Using two onboard rx packs

I want to use two battery packs. I have been told to just plug one battery and one switch in the battery slot and the other batt and switch in any other rx slot. I ran out of slots. If I "y' the two battery packs and two switchs into the battery slot on the rx would it give the same redundency???

Thanks for the help,
Bill
Old 10-05-2003, 10:30 PM
Icebird

Default RE: Using two onboard rx packs

You would be better to Y connect the other battery pack to something like the throttle or something. That way if one battery plug should happen to fall out, you would still have the other. If you're drawing a fair bit of current, plugging into 2 locations will help spread the load as well.

HTH
Jim
Old 10-05-2003, 11:33 PM
bonanzadrv
My Feedback: (21)

Default RE: Using two onboard rx packs

What if I have two rudder servos y'ed together and then I have a nose gear steering servo in a differnt slot and mixed to the rudder. From the sterring servo it plugs into a gyro then to the rx. Could I y the secound battery into the steering servo slot after the gyro???

Thanks agian
Bill