Community
Search
Notices
RC Radios, Transmitters, Receivers, Servos, gyros Discussion all about rc radios, transmitters, receivers, servos, etc.

Can I use a Futaba radio with Jr receiver?

Search this Thread

Old 09-30-2003, 02:21 AM
faisalk

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Can I use a Futaba radio with Jr receiver?

I just ordered a Futaba 9 cap radio. It is on 35mhz frequency. I also happen to have 2 Jr 35 mhz fm receivers. I want to know if they both will be compatible or I will have to use futaba receivers with futaba transmitters?
Old 09-30-2003, 02:54 AM
HarryC
My Feedback: (1)

Received 26 Likes on 16 Posts
Default RE: Can I use a Futaba radio with Jr receiver?

Very probably will work together. It is only on 72Mhz in North America that Futaba has created the shift problem, as far as I know. European 35Mhz equipment all works together.

H
Old 09-30-2003, 05:33 AM
Raptor^Norway

No problem!! But be sure to have the same brand crystal as the equippment!!! VERY important!
e.g. Futaba Tx and JR Rx - Futaba crystal in Tx and JR crystal in Rx (both with the same channel ofcourse)

I use a JR 3810 and have both JR, Hitec and Futaba recievers in my planes/helis. No problem at all if you do as I mentioned above! Also it is wise to do a range check to be sure.
Old 10-05-2003, 08:40 PM
Cliffp

Be very careful because I have heard they work on different wave peaks. I'm not sure exactly how it works but one sees the positive peaks where the other uses the negative peaks. Otherwise you wouldn't need to specify when ordering. This is what I have been told, so more expert advice would be in order.
Old 10-06-2003, 07:41 PM
Forgues Research
My Feedback: (7)

Be very careful because I have heard they work on different wave peaks. I'm not sure exactly how it works but one sees the positive peaks where the other uses the negative peaks. Otherwise you wouldn't need to specify when ordering. This is what I have been told, so more expert advice would be in order.
What your refering to, is negative and positive shift which is a good point but only in North America unfortunately. But elswhere they are all on the same shift.