Community
Search
Notices
RC Radios, Transmitters, Receivers, Servos, gyros Discussion all about rc radios, transmitters, receivers, servos, etc.

connecting an old motor to a transmitter

Search this Thread

Old 10-08-2003, 05:26 PM
neoiscool

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default connecting an old motor to a transmitter

I am working on building a small robot for a competition and am doing the base with the same setup as a remote control car. I bought a two channel futaba radio and transmitter that came with one stearing servo but no way of driving it. I have many electric motors i have saved over time and i would like to use one of these but when i connect it to the rc transmitter it just runs and does not allow me to control it. I have taken these out of other old remote cars around the house but i still cant connect them. Is there a way to connect one of these motors by altering it or something if not what kind of motor must i buy to be able to control it.

Thanks for your help,
Zach
Old 10-08-2003, 10:34 PM
3DFanatic
My Feedback: (5)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: connecting an old motor to a transmitter

You need to use what's called an Electronic Speed Control, or ESC. It converts the signal from your radio gear into pulses that drive the motor. Depending onthe size of the motor, the price can range from $20 to well over 100$. Any idea what the maximum current for the motor is?