Community
Search
Notices
RC Radios, Transmitters, Receivers, Servos, gyros Discussion all about rc radios, transmitters, receivers, servos, etc.

Multiplex Royal Evo 12? Anyone have Experience?

Search this Thread

Old 12-29-2003, 07:03 PM
NeoGenesis
My Feedback: (27)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Multiplex Royal Evo 12? Anyone have Experience?

Hey all,

I was curious is anyone has any experience with the Multiplex Royal Evo 12 with the synthesized TX. Is it user friendly........any glitches......quirks..........shortcomings? I would like to hear all positive and negative input from users. I am thinking of replacing my RD8000 with one depend on your reports.

Thanks,

Scott J. Wolke
Old 12-29-2003, 07:32 PM
steve51
My Feedback: (10)

Default RE: Multiplex Royal Evo 12? Anyone have Experience?

Check out the discussion on R/C Groups at this link

http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/index.php

Look at the Radio forum the threads titled "Multiplex EVO tutorial" and "Multiplex Royal EVO TX"
I have a 12 channel on order was hoping to see it by now so I can sell my Futaba 9C. You can also go to Hitecs site and download the manual, but the info from the rcgroups threads should answer your questions and give you all the info you'll need.
Old 12-30-2003, 08:38 AM
Highflight
My Feedback: (4)

Ever heard the computer term "vapor ware"? Well, the EVO is the R/C hardware equivalent.
Very few are in the states, and those of us who have had them on backorder for several months are still waiting with no offer of confirmation of when to expect any from Hitec. I've had one on order since August.

I'm getting close to ordering a 9C with the hope that Futaba releases their synth module for it soon.

Highflight
Old 12-30-2003, 09:42 AM
HarryC
My Feedback: (1)

Received 26 Likes on 16 Posts

Calling it vapourware is too exaggerated. The Evo exists and has been on sale for 13 months. Supplies of it have not been initially concentrated on the USA market in the way it has been supplied to the European market. Apparently the latest shipment arrived in HitecUSA’s hands a few days ago and is in the process of being checked and sent out to the shops. However it is rumoured that the entire shipment is already spoken for with pre-orders from customers, all pre-orders are expected to be met but there will be few or none left over and very recent orders are expected to have to wait for the next batch to the USA. No doubt Multiplex and HitecUSA are working hard to improve their American supply to meet the demand. Many people here are either trading in their Futaba 9C or JRPCM10 to get an Evo, or wishing they had waited those few more weeks for the Evo to arrive. A friend of mine traded in his 9C for an Evo, it was not because of the synthesiser but because of the programming power.

H
Old 12-30-2003, 10:29 AM
Highflight
My Feedback: (4)

ORIGINAL: HarryC
"However it is rumoured"
I appreciate your confidence Harry, but as you can see, I've re-quoted probably the only thing you said that's a "sure thing"

Highflight
Old 12-30-2003, 10:47 AM
HarryC
My Feedback: (1)

Received 26 Likes on 16 Posts

Well, you will just have to move to Europe where the Evo and the JR PCM9 have been in the shops for quite a while