Community
Search
Notices
RC Radios, Transmitters, Receivers, Servos, gyros Discussion all about rc radios, transmitters, receivers, servos, etc.

Futaba computer radio problem.

Search this Thread

Old 11-20-2003, 01:13 PM
Ed

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Futaba computer radio problem.

Ah needs help, y'all pay attention now !

Futaba 6XA, I've got the throttle servo arm centered, Adjustable Travel Volume (ATV) at 100%, Sub Trim at 0%. My throttle trim lever functions fine at one extreme, high throttle, and is non- existant at the lower throttle end. About lower 1/3rd it stops working.

What am I doing wrong ?

> Jim
Old 11-20-2003, 01:30 PM
ekrcflyer

Default RE: Futaba computer radio problem.

Hi Jim:

I am not sure what do you mean by "centered"...?[&o] With your transmitter on and throttle trim and stick all the way down the throttle arm should be at the "far" position (away from the engine compartment). In this case you have full arm "path" covering opening and closing of the carb.

It is also possible that you have inserted pushrod tight (or angled). In this case the push rod bay be got jammed on it’s way to “closed” position…
Old 11-20-2003, 03:09 PM
Geistware
My Feedback: (16)

Sounds like you have the throttle backwards.
I assume that you mean high end, that the stick is all the way up. If I am not mistaken, there is an adjustment in the radio to switch the trim setting.
From futaba
Throttle reverse is a specialized function for very unique, special setups. It sounds like it is accidentally active in your radio. Turn the transmitter off and while holding down the 2 left most keys, turn the TX on. The STICK MODE screen should come up. Cursor up to the next screen, which says throttle rev. If it is norm make it REV, if it is REV make it norm. Turn the TX off and back on. Be prepared to reverse the direction of your throttle servo in the regular servo reverse screen and things should now operate normally.

ORIGINAL: GeeBeeJim-RCU

Ah needs help, y'all pay attention now !

Futaba 6XA, I've got the throttle servo arm centered, Adjustable Travel Volume (ATV) at 100%, Sub Trim at 0%. My throttle trim lever functions fine at one extreme, high throttle, and is non- existant at the lower throttle end. About lower 1/3rd it stops working.

What am I doing wrong ?

> Jim
Old 11-20-2003, 07:39 PM
Ed

[quote]ORIGINAL: Geistware

Sounds like you have the throttle backwards.
I assume that you mean high end, that the stick is all the way up. If I am not mistaken, there is an adjustment in the radio to switch the trim setting.
From futaba
Throttle reverse is a specialized function for very unique, special setups. It sounds like it is accidentally active in your radio. Turn the transmitter off and while holding down the 2 left most keys, turn the TX on. The STICK MODE screen should come up. Cursor up to the next screen, which says throttle rev. If it is norm make it REV, if it is REV make it norm. Turn the TX off and back on. Be prepared to reverse the direction of your throttle servo in the regular servo reverse screen and things should now operate normally.
[quote]

Geisty nails it on his first try. That's exactly what happened. I've got it straightened out now. Interestingly, I purchased the radio used, and quickly discoverd that it was set up in Mode 1, and yes, the throttle was set up backwards. Don't know what he was possably using it for that way, but it's not important now.

Thanks to you old friend, it's all fixed.

> Jim