Community
Search
Notices
RC Radios, Transmitters, Receivers, Servos, gyros Discussion all about rc radios, transmitters, receivers, servos, etc.

Two planes, One Non-computer Tx

Search this Thread

Old 10-12-2003, 07:23 PM
BUflyer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Two planes, One Non-computer Tx

Hey:

I have a basic Futaba skysport transmitter (4 channel, no computer). I have learned to fly my Eagle 2 on it (and in fact, just soloed for the first time today). Now i am building a Tiger 60 and have gotten to the point of putting the meat of the controls into the plane. I WAS going to set up the tiger so that it matched the eagle on the skysport transmitter, but got advice not to do that, it would cause too many problems. I was told to get a completely different transmitter for it. Do i need to do this?

If i do get a new Tx, how big should i get, as far as bells and whistles? I am looking at a Futaba 6EXA and think it would be a good Tx to keep for a while. However, it is going to be quite some time before i get a new plane (possibly two summers), and i don't want to keep updating my tx technology with each plane. Should i get another basic four channel and wait on a computer radio, or get the 6EXA now? If i am going to get the 6EXA, should i go ahead and get a bigger better one with more bells and whistles? I am going to stay in the hobby for a while, but don't want to spend too much money now, and spend more money later to update outdated equipment!

Thanks for the help.
Old 10-12-2003, 07:37 PM
nimitz

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Two planes, One Non-computer Tx

Hi,buflyer

My two cents would be to buy the biggest,badest radio you can afford..
I started with a 8u futaba,it hurt to buy it,but I`ve been pleased so far with it.

The guys at the field say I got a $500.radio and a ten dollar plane.[17 yr old sig senior]
I built a pizza box flyer and had no problem setting it up to fly.. real cheap,less than two dollars..

I won`t have to ever buy a new radio..

Whatever you do,have fun..

Nimitz
Old 10-13-2003, 09:04 AM
s3nfo
My Feedback: (14)

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Default RE: Two planes, One Non-computer Tx

With something simple like the Tiger, it's not that hard to use a basic radio for 2 planes. The planes have to be set up exactly the same way, with all servos rotating in the same way, so yea, they're right in the fact that it's a bit more of a pain to initially set-up the Tiger than it would be to just put another complete radio in it, but once you get it set-up your golden and can fly both airplanes with the same, basic Tx.