Community
Search
Notices
RC Radios, Transmitters, Receivers, Servos, gyros Discussion all about rc radios, transmitters, receivers, servos, etc.

New to computer radios.

Search this Thread

Old 10-13-2003, 09:41 PM
KyleB15
My Feedback: (2)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default New to computer radios.

Looking at buying the 6exa now i have to planes i want to use this on. Do i need the same crystal frequency for each rx and the same in the tx. Ex. channel 16 in both rx and 16 in the tx. not sure how they work.
Old 10-13-2003, 09:54 PM
RCBOZO
My Feedback: (1)

Default RE: New to computer radios.

Yes you will need the same frequency on your transmitter and every receiver that you want that transmitter to operate.
Old 10-14-2003, 04:38 PM
KyleB15

So what is the advantage of a computer radio besides the gadgets? Why do people tell you not to use one non-computer radio with 2 or 3 receivers?
Old 10-15-2003, 07:27 AM
amcross

Kyle,
The transmitter freq should NOT be changed by you. just yoru receivers can be changed to that channel, unless you purchase a higher end radio like 9C where you can have modules for different frequencies, or a really high end radio like 9Z where you can get a synthesizer to change frequencies on a single module.

The point of a computer radio is that it stores the settings for each separate model....trims, servo directions, etc. The 6EXA is a VERY VERY rudimentary computer radio with very limited features, but it does give you the ability to have basic setups for multiple models in a single radio. If all you're going to want is real basic operations -- dual rates and such -- it is a great radio to work with. If you think you are going ot want to do more, then you may want to look at more radio NOW rather htan outgrowing your 6EXA in a single season.
Old 10-15-2003, 04:27 PM
KyleB15

Right now i have got a Cub 81in.(its my trainer)a flying wing and a plane that i'm scratch building so i think the 6exa would be plenty for what i need. I basically just want one transmitter so i don't have to carry 3.
Old 10-15-2003, 06:20 PM
Cajun

Kyle, get you a Polks Tracker II and forget all of this nonsense. I sprung for one several months ago and am very impressed with it. At $275, it makes anything near it's price old fashioned.
Old 10-15-2003, 06:35 PM
Geistware
My Feedback: (16)

For what it is worth, invest the extra money for the 9C. You will never out grow it and it has a built in timer to let you know when you should land! (low fuel)

ORIGINAL: KyleB15
Looking at buying the 6exa now i have to planes i want to use this on. Do i need the same crystal frequency for each rx and the same in the tx. Ex. channel 16 in both rx and 16 in the tx. not sure how they work.
Old 10-15-2003, 07:36 PM
KyleB15

wow thats alot of money for the 9c! I really dont want to spend that much. I think the 6exa would be fine. Also how do you fing wing loading?
Old 10-15-2003, 08:45 PM
amcross

Kyle,
The 6EXA will do the most basic of setup for your flying wing, will probably fly your cub fine (did you say your cub is your trainer? have you flown it yet? do you have an instructor to help? Cubs are challenging model aircraft to learn to take off/land.), and we dont know anything about your scratch built.

Wing loading is the weight of the model divided by area of the wing, resulting in ounces/square inch wingloading figures.
Old 10-15-2003, 09:30 PM
KyleB15

Well i sorted out the wing loading problem. And yes, i am using the cub as my trainer. I dont have a private instructor but someone i know is helping me with it. Haven"t got to landing or taking off but i can fly it. You are also very right about hard to land and take off cause once that tail lifts you have very litte control. I am using the basic focus 3 for the flying wing so the 6exa will be a big improvement.