Community
Search
Notices
RC Radios, Transmitters, Receivers, Servos, gyros Discussion all about rc radios, transmitters, receivers, servos, etc.

Voltwatch any good for a 6 volt battery

Search this Thread

Old 10-14-2003, 11:48 AM
Basil Yousif
My Feedback: (3)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Voltwatch any good for a 6 volt battery

I had a Voltwatch battery monitor installed in my Model and have upgraded to a 6 volt battery pack. Will the Voltwatch monitor still work or does the Voltage difference make it unusable. Is there a way to modify it to work with 6volts if it only works with 4.8
Old 10-14-2003, 04:39 PM
Phil Cole

Default RE: Voltwatch any good for a 6 volt battery

You can`t use the Voltwatch as it is. It probably won't be damaged, but the safe voltage for a five cell pack is 6.0 V. At this voltage, all the LEDs on the Voltwatch will be on.

By the time you see any of the LEDs go out your battery remaining capacity would be measured in seconds.

It should be possible to recalibrate the Voltwatch, but it's not likely to be easy for someone not familiar with how these things work. It would be easier for you to buy another voltage monitor (like the Gem 2000) that is set for 6 V operation unless you know someone who can do the modification for you.
Old 10-14-2003, 05:35 PM
Geistware
My Feedback: (16)

Default RE: Voltwatch any good for a 6 volt battery

Horizon sells a 6 volt unit that is about the same as the voltwatch.
The Voltwatch is a 4.8 volt NiCad unit.