Community
Search
Notices
RC Radios, Transmitters, Receivers, Servos, gyros Discussion all about rc radios, transmitters, receivers, servos, etc.

Miracle Y and Hitec 5625

Search this Thread

Old 10-17-2003, 09:13 PM
embpic1

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Miracle Y and Hitec 5625

I am using the miracle Y reverser for my two elevator servos(Hitec 5625s). I read that Hitec does not recommend this. I installed them and everything works great. I have moved the servos full throw for a few minutes and everything is working great. Do you think its ok?

B.T.W. I don't want to start a 'Miracle Y reverser (Expert)' flame. I have 400+ flights using it with my old Hitec 605s with not one glitch. Thanks
Old 10-17-2003, 10:16 PM
mglavin
My Feedback: (31)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: Miracle Y and Hitec 5625

The reason Hitec does not recommend these units is they have had reported problems with their use. The reversing wyes mix up the control signal, the digital amps are bi-directional and can be confused.

I'd suggest that you have one the servos reprogrammed in the reverse direction. My local hobby shop will do this for the user at no charge. Or maybe you know someone with a programmer. Hitec will also provide this service free of charge.

Why complicate and risk problems at your expense, with a feature that is inherent of the Hitec digital servo.
Old 10-19-2003, 07:27 PM
AirBearMA
My Feedback: (1)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Miracle Y and Hitec 5625

If you are using (or plan on using) a large number of Hitec Servos, I would highly recommend purchasing the programmer. I have approximately 34 of these servos (5475, 5625, 5640, 5940, and 5735) in a number of warbirds and I found the programmer simplifies the setup of the planes without the need of complex programming in my radio. Servo reversal is just one of the many great programming features in these servos.