Community
Search
Notices
RC Radios, Transmitters, Receivers, Servos, gyros Discussion all about rc radios, transmitters, receivers, servos, etc.

Best Futaba 9C Price

Search this Thread

Old 10-22-2003, 09:58 AM
3d-aholic
My Feedback: (7)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Best Futaba 9C Price

I've been pricing radios including the Futuba 9C. Right now, I show the best price at Tower at $349.99 plus $25 rebate, incl. CampPAC, plus $25 coupon...makes it around $300 for Tx and Rx.

I also found servocity at $269.99 but no CampPAC and no Rx. Add the memory module, which I need, and you get to the same price as Tower without the Rx.

Does this seem like the best price?
Old 10-22-2003, 11:44 AM
Tech-RCU

Default RE: Best Futaba 9C Price

We would be more than happy to give you a campac module with your order. Also, we are getting ready to offer a special deal on R148DF rx's. Give us a call and we can help you out. Thanks!

620-221-0421
ServoCity.com
Old 10-22-2003, 02:08 PM
bpolking

2MuchThrow,

Check out Bruckners. 9C, CamPac, shipped for $266.98.

Brian......
Old 10-22-2003, 02:10 PM
3d-aholic

Bruckners
Hmm, don't know Bruckners and a google search doesn't come up with anything.
Old 10-22-2003, 02:43 PM
bpolking

Sorry, Bruckners URL: http://www.brucknerhobbies.com/

Brian......
Old 10-22-2003, 06:42 PM
3d-aholic

CampPAC
I went with ServoCity on this one since I have worked with them before and they made good on another order that was problematic.

Also, the 16K CampPAC module is standard now with the Futuba 9C if you take a look at their website and the Futuba rebate till 10/31 also seems to be industry wide.

Its a good time to get a Futuba radio....with the rebate pricing and the FM Synth expected early 2004.
Old 10-23-2003, 01:23 PM
reemas

if i order from servocity is the rebate still valid? where can i find this rebate, i didnt see it on futaba's website.
thanks!
Old 10-23-2003, 01:27 PM
3d-aholic

ORIGINAL: reemas

if i order from servocity is the rebate still valid? where can i find this rebate, i didnt see it on futaba's website.
thanks!
Its right there on the top right...see the Great Futuba Rebate banner at http://www.futaba-rc.com. The rebate is industry-wide and Futuba is now shipping the 16K CampPAC with all 9C's...it probably costs for the bigger one.
Old 10-23-2003, 04:11 PM
Josey Wales
My Feedback: (61)

Im also ready to order a 9C..best price I found was also Tower
$389.99 for complete system -50$ (rebate and coupon) = 339.00$!!!

Servo City is $379-25$=354$

I would like to try Servo city as Ive heard good things about them but Tower has the best price so far..Im ready to order in a few days so I guess Im going with Tower..
Old 10-23-2003, 04:13 PM
reemas

does ervo city offer the rebate too? cause at futaba's webist ethere is no rebate form.
Old 10-23-2003, 04:16 PM
Josey Wales

I think the rebate is from Futaba..Im assuming you send them a copy of the receipt and they send the $$ directly to you. Tower has a coupon for 25$ if your order is over 300$
Old 10-23-2003, 04:21 PM
Pimpwerx
My Feedback: (1)

Redrum: I think he means a rebate request form. It says so in the small print on the [link=http://www.futaba-rc.com/promos/flightrebatepromo.html]Futaba promo page[/link]. Can't tell if any of the online places off that form. I hope so, b/c I want to get in on this deal too, and plan on ordering a 9C before the end of the month. Anyone know if you need to send a form, or can you just get by with proof of purchase? PEACE.
Old 10-23-2003, 04:30 PM
Josey Wales

Oops..sorry bout that!! I thought you can get the form from Futaba no matter where you order from...
Old 10-23-2003, 04:30 PM
SilverEagle2
My Feedback: (9)

I bouht a 9C from ServoCity about a month ago and am a little peeved that I had to pay for the campac. Noticed a few days later that Tower and everyone else was throwing them in for free. Not to mention that I got a used TX from servocity that was bad. Purely accidental, but none the less, I could have used another 35 off. Servocity did rush a new tx out ASAP. Have always been pleased with the service I have received. Just wish I could have got the same deal as 2MuchThrow.

Jason
Old 10-23-2003, 05:33 PM
3d-aholic

How did you get a used transmitter and how can this possibly be an accident??????
[sm=disappointed.gif]

I'm a little concerned with that. I asked them if these are boxed and in new condition or am I getting someones reject and they said that they are boxed from Futuba.

I did have some trouble with some batteries with them but they made good on the order and I'm trying to help the "small" business guy out but I don't want to get junk for $300...!
Old 10-23-2003, 05:34 PM
3d-aholic

BTW, depending on when you bought this...I think you might still be elgible for the rebate from Futuba unless it was more than a month ago. The 16Mb CampPC is probably "NOT" what you got...you probably got the real thing. The 16Mb is the small one.
Old 10-23-2003, 05:39 PM
SilverEagle2

Some one that had one go bad sent it back to Servocity and somehow it was taken off the shelf by a new person and shipped to me as part of my order. That was the explanation that I got.

Honestly, Servocity takes a complete package from futaba and strips out the module, RX, servos and battery (switches, etc.) And then when you order just the TX, they get the approproate module and stick it in and send you the box with the TX and charger, and frequency flags in it. This way, they can customize your package as well as sell off the uneeded parts from your origianlly complete package. They are new in box, just that the box originally had a lot more stuff in it. This is if you order just the TX.

That's how they save you money as well as make money on thier end. I'm OK with it.

ServoCity is not participating in the rebate offer.

I did pay for and get a 16KB CAMPAC, that is why I am ticked. They gave you yours and every other competitor was tossing them in for free at the time I ordered from them. I just did not see it.

BTW, I do not think the 64KB CAMPAC works well with the 9C but I may be wrong.

Jason
Old 10-23-2003, 05:40 PM
3d-aholic

ORIGINAL: SilverEagle2-RCU
Not to mention that I got a used TX from servocity that was bad. Purely accidental, but none the less, I could have used another 35 off
Jason
[]
How did you know that your transmitter was used????
Old 10-23-2003, 05:44 PM
3d-aholic

Honestly, Servocity takes a complete package from futaba and strips out the module, RX, servos and battery (switches, etc.) And then when you order just the TX, they get the approproate module and stick it in and send you the box with the TX and charger, and frequency flags in it. This way, they can customize your package as well as sell off the uneeded parts from your origianlly complete package. They are new in box, just that the box originally had a lot more stuff in it. This is if you order just the TX.
Hmm, well Futuba lines item a part # for a Tx only...but I kinda figured thats what they might be doing... I can live with that as long as what I got is not some refurbished unit or something...which is what I'm worried about now. I'd like to know how you knew yours was "used". Did you find someones name inside or something?
Old 10-23-2003, 05:45 PM
SilverEagle2

The plastic on the screens and switch plates was missing, 4 models were programmed in it and the battery was fully charged. Not to mention the screen was not functioning right.

I would not worry, they value thier customers, I just wish I had caught the campac thing when I was placing my order so I could get it free like you did.

Jason
Old 10-23-2003, 05:56 PM
3d-aholic

ServoCity is not participating in the rebate offer.
They told me they were??? In fact, ChiefAircraft and many others have the rebate...I think Futuba has this for all of their distributors...

Heres ServoCitys reply on my email.
We have the rebate paperwork that we can send along with the radio when you
purchase it. Thanks!

ServoCity
Old 10-23-2003, 06:04 PM
SilverEagle2

Looks like I need to email ServoCity then!

They just don't have it advertised. So I assumed. Sorry.

Jason
Old 10-23-2003, 06:12 PM
3d-aholic

Also, take a look at

[link=http://www.futaba-rc.com/promos/flightrebatepromo.html]Futuba Rebate[/link]

All 9C systems now include a 16K CAMPac module. That's memory for 6 more models!

Rebates apply to purchases made between August 1 and October 31, 2003
Old 10-23-2003, 06:23 PM
SilverEagle2

Bought mine Sept 8.

I just emailed Servocity on the rebate docs.

I also mentioned a bit about the CAMPAC being standard. We'll see how it goes. In my experiance with them, it will work out for the best in the end.

Jason
Old 10-23-2003, 06:32 PM
reemas

silveer eagle. let us all know by posting here, because i am in a similar boat as you. esp about the rebates.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.