Community
Search
Notices
RC Radios, Transmitters, Receivers, Servos, gyros Discussion all about rc radios, transmitters, receivers, servos, etc.

9C & 127DF RX

Search this Thread

Old 10-22-2003, 09:52 PM
billben55
My Feedback: (1)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 9C & 127DF RX

Will the 9C computers work with the 127 DF Rx? Also, I'm confused about the difference between the 9CAP and the 9 CAF. Do both offer PCM?
Bill
Old 10-22-2003, 10:09 PM
GalenB
My Feedback: (18)

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default RE: 9C & 127DF RX

ORIGINAL: billben55

Will the 9C computers work with the 127 DF Rx? Also, I'm confused about the difference between the 9CAP and the 9 CAF. Do both offer PCM?
Bill
Your 9C will work with your 127DF receivers as long as they are on the same channel. The only difference between the 9CAP and 9CAF is the receiver included with the transmitter. The CAF has an FM receiver and the CAP has a PCM receiver. Any 9C transmitter can use both FM and PCM receivers. Just not at the same time... The modulation is part of the model memory and you are free to have any mixture of FM and PCM that you require.
Old 10-23-2003, 12:00 PM
MHawker
My Feedback: (16)

Ditto.

I currently have a 9C and use a 127DF (PPM...see below) on one plane and a PCM RX on another. When you set up your model, you pick whether or not you want to use PCM. Then when you switch to that model, you need to turn the 9C off and on for the change from PPM to PCM to occur.

We should note that both signals are FM signals. The two are shown as either PPM and PCM by the display on your 9C.
Old 10-23-2003, 08:35 PM
billben55
My Feedback: (1)

It all makes sense now! THanks for your help!
Bill
Old 10-24-2003, 03:30 AM
Jimmbbo

billben -

Was looking for the same answer when I wandered into the Futaba 9C FAQ - [sm=confused.gif]

http://www.futaba-rc.com/faq/faq-9c.html

and

http://www.futaba-rc.com/faq/faq-q341.html

which sayeth -

"This radio comes with the ability to transmit in either FM or PCM modulation. Simply change the modulation type in the parameters (PARA) menu, and turn the transmitter off and back on to transmit in the new modulation. Of course, the receiver must be the proper modulation to operate. A receiver cannot be converted from FM to PCM or back."

HTH

Jim