Community
Search
Notices
RC Radios, Transmitters, Receivers, Servos, gyros Discussion all about rc radios, transmitters, receivers, servos, etc.

Glitch problems on only 1 channel?

Search this Thread

Old 10-25-2003, 08:59 PM
Bob101

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Glitch problems on only 1 channel?

I just started experiencing glitching during a radio check the last few days and on only one channel using an 8 channel Futaba FM receiver.

I've narrowed it down to somewhere on the plane - as it doesn't do it on my other plane with the same channels in use - using the same receiver, and does it regardless of site (field and home).

I can back away with the antennae down and at a certain point I can step back one foot and my plane goes from idle to wide open (always wide open - never half open) and take the step toward the plane and it goes away. It only occurs on the throttle channel.

Any ideas? I checked and rechecked my servo plugs/battery/switch to the receiver etc and there's no extension on that servo (standard 4 channel radio setup). Plane is pretty new with less than 25 flights on it, but I did a real long range check before the maiden just a week ago and got no glitches at all (I always check each day and with the engine running) and then this week and everyday afterwards I get the glitch.
Old 10-25-2003, 10:15 PM
AMB

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default RE: Glitch problems on only 1 channel?

Try swapping out the throttle servo since you stated using the same reciever in an
other plane its fine (at least worth a try) or simply interchange throttle and elevator
servo plugs and see what it does (static test on ground of course) thus may isolate
your problem
Old 10-26-2003, 12:07 AM
lent

Hey buddy, I had problems with some gws servos, and what I found out is that inside the case sometimes the red or white wire soilder will come loose. So open up the servos that glitching and check it out. Good Luck!
Old 10-26-2003, 12:53 AM
Ronnies

[:-]If you have a metal linkage hook uk up anywhere on the engine carb it will cause this[the fix] change to nylon clevis