Community
Search
Notices
RC Radios, Transmitters, Receivers, Servos, gyros Discussion all about rc radios, transmitters, receivers, servos, etc.

PCM?

Search this Thread

Old 10-27-2003, 07:49 AM
Jim Finocchiaro
My Feedback: (1)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default PCM?

I have a Futaba 6EXAS tx, what do I have to purchased/do, to use the PCM function?
Just lost a plane due to freg interferance, and dont want to lose another. Hopefully changing to PCM will help.

Thanks,

Jim
Old 10-27-2003, 11:31 AM
dirtybird
My Feedback: (5)

Default RE: PCM?

If you had interferance PCM would not have saved your airplane.
Old 10-27-2003, 11:40 AM
ekrcflyer

Technically it depends on type of interference, but I am afraid I have to second dirtybird - PCM would not be a "magic wand". In fact, NONE of the current transmittion/modulation methods are 100% interference free.
Old 10-27-2003, 12:08 PM
amcross
My Feedback: (2)

Jim,
is your radio a 6XAS or a 6EXA? as they are two different radios.

to use PCm with a 6XAS, you simply purchase a PCM receiver, and then set up a model memory for the model using that receiver and set the modulation for that model to PCM in the programming of the radio. Turn the radio off and back on to start transmitting in PCM.

Please tell us about your crash situation, and perhaps we can expand on whether or not PCMis beneficial in your situation.
Old 10-27-2003, 06:57 PM
Jim Finocchiaro
My Feedback: (1)

The problem I had, that caused the mishap was just after takeoff, in a gentle left hand turn out, at about 30 ft, the airplane went completly erractic, nosed over and hit the dirt!
Battery check okay with a battery load checker, I then did a range check with the Ant collapsed, was good out to over 100 ft. My poor ole trainer has seen its last flight Iam afraid. I have no idea what caused the airplane to go "erratic" I had flown it twice before, with no problems. One of the other pilots at the field is the one that told me about radio rx interferance. Because of this, is the reason I was wondering about switching to a PCM rx. for my next airplane that arrives tomorrow, a CGB Tiger 60.

Thanks for the help,

Jim
Old 10-27-2003, 07:38 PM
amcross
My Feedback: (2)

Jim,
It sounds like it may well have been interference. PCM might have flown you through it, or it might not have. But PCM really isnt a solution to interference, it just hopefully helps get you past it some times.

I would be much more interested in asking your AMA district VP to bring a frequency checker to your club to see if your frequency is no longer good to use. It could potentially also be someone else turning on on your channel in the area -- flying a park flier, not knowing enough not to use air frequencies for cars/boats/etc, or just not thinking.