Community
Search
Notices
RC Radios, Transmitters, Receivers, Servos, gyros Discussion all about rc radios, transmitters, receivers, servos, etc.

JR 10sx ?'s ?'s

Search this Thread

Old 10-27-2003, 08:58 AM
whiskey
My Feedback: (-1)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default JR 10sx ?'s ?'s

I have a chance to get a JR 10sx at a really good price and i want to know if it can be used with both heli/air. Also, I want to know if I can use it with the G2 flight simulator.
Thanks.
Old 10-27-2003, 09:08 AM
SVFlier

Default RE: JR 10sx ?'s ?'s

whiskey: the JR 10X series are generally mode-specific, i.e. either heli or air. that being said, the physical difference between heli and air is only one or two switch locations. your best bet is to post to the ASK Danny JR Radio Support forum here on RCU and ask him how to use the 10sx with helis. good luck, burt
Old 10-27-2003, 11:41 AM
LSP972
My Feedback: (13)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

The physical difference is major software changes. The airplane version does not have the heli-specific functions, such as pitch curves, and the heli version does not have a lot of the fixed-wing goodies, such as snap roll switch, etc.

I flew a 10SX and a 10SXII for many years. They were (are) good radios, but the separate versions do NOT have the flexibility you seek.

You can fly airplanes with the heli version (I did), and unless you want to get into some complicated elevon mixing and the like, the heli version will work fine for planks. But you will have major grief trying to fly helis with the fixed-wing version.

However, here is the big problem, and one reason I no longer use this radio. It has been out of print for several years, and getting it repaired when it eventually needs that will be a roll of the dice. In July of last year, I was told by Horizon that they no longer had some key parts.

Several months later, some fellow posted that he was told by them no problem, you break it we can fix it. So, I dunno.

Anyway, now you know why the price is so good...
Old 10-27-2003, 11:56 AM
visioneer_one
My Feedback: (506)

The 10sx is model specific.

It can be used with Realflight.