Community
Search
Notices
RC Radios, Transmitters, Receivers, Servos, gyros Discussion all about rc radios, transmitters, receivers, servos, etc.

The Futuba REBATE

Search this Thread

Old 10-30-2003, 11:34 AM
3d-aholic
My Feedback: (7)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default The Futuba REBATE

I'm about to send in my Futuba Rebate information. You know how these rebates are --- one thing wrong and you get nothing. They create hoops hoping you'll miss one.

The form says no photocopies of the actual "application form" are acceptable. I can understand photocopies of the UPC code, and photocopies of the receipt becuase of duplicate submissions. I tried calling Futuba Service and they told me to take a hike. I called the distributor I purchased it from and they said their Great Planes distributor said photocopies are ok eventhough that printed something entirely different on the actual form.

My question is: Did anybody get success with a photocopied Rebate Application form or anybody have information corroborating this?
Old 10-30-2003, 12:57 PM
Bax
My Feedback: (11)

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts
Default RE: The Futuba REBATE

Service did not say "take a hike". The rebate program is being handled through Great Planes and their dealer network. The Futaba Service Center has absolutely nothing to do with the rebate program. We are only able to refer people with rebate questions to Great Planes Model Distributors Company.

We're sorry we're not able to assist in this manner, but the rebate is a program through Great Planes, and they're the ones who handle it.
Old 10-30-2003, 01:13 PM
3d-aholic

ORIGINAL: Bax

Service did not say "take a hike".
Yes, thats me speaking figuratively...I apologize. They gave me roughly the same politically correct version as you did. We can't help you with that.....we ony do service. Referring me only back to who I bought from....who is just as caught in the middle as I am. I just want to get my rebate right and I'm being told something completely different than whats printed on the form. Do I trust my distributor or Futuba?

Obviously someone at Futuba needs to look towards getting some pre-sales support, customer relations support and post-sales support if they want to continue the success they've enjoyed so far in the US marketplace. I offer that advice as a successful business owner and capitalist. Almost every compliant I've read about Futuba on this list has centered around that weakness. Take it for what its worth.
Old 10-30-2003, 02:41 PM
Bax

I did some checking about the rebate program. The hobby retailer is the one who is supposed to have the forms. NO photocopies of rebate forms or purchase receipts/invoices will be accepted with rebate submissions. You would obtain a rebate form through your hobby retailer. This is a program that came out of Futaba Marketing and Great Planes, and really doesn't involve the service and repair department.

We'd not know where the information about photocopies being OK would have come from. If the hobby retailer has questions, they should call their Great Planes sales representative to get them answered.
Old 10-30-2003, 03:18 PM
Crashem

ORIGINAL: 2MuchThrow

I'm about to send in my Futuba Rebate information. You know how these rebates are --- one thing wrong and you get nothing. They create hoops hoping you'll miss one.

The form says no photocopies of the actual "application form" are acceptable. I can understand photocopies of the UPC code, and photocopies of the receipt becuase of duplicate submissions. I tried calling Futuba Service and they told me to take a hike. I called the distributor I purchased it from and they said their Great Planes distributor said photocopies are ok eventhough that printed something entirely different on the actual form.

My question is: Did anybody get success with a photocopied Rebate Application form or anybody have information corroborating this?

Thats funny...

Well I think you found your rebate hoop... No photocopies accepted and no one seems to know where to get an original!!! LOL

Did you try the web site maybe they have an online rebate form... then again they might not even know where there web site is!!!

I do agree with you rebates are sometimes nothing more then a scam. I perfer companies that simply lower the price thus allowing me to avoid the hassles you are going through.
Old 10-30-2003, 03:36 PM
hilleyja
My Feedback: (3)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

ORIGINAL: Crashem

ORIGINAL: 2MuchThrow

Thats funny...

Well I think you found your rebate hoop... No photocopies accepted and no one seems to know where to get an original!!! LOL

Did you try the web site maybe they have an online rebate form... then again they might not even know where there web site is!!!

I do agree with you rebates are sometimes nothing more then a scam. I perfer companies that simply lower the price thus allowing me to avoid the hassles you are going through.
This is not unusual for a Futaba Rebate program. I had a similar problem with my 8AU when I bought it a couple of years ago. My Hobby Shop owner didn't even know the $50.00 rebate program existed and had to backtrack to get the form. By the time I got it I had already disposed of my box and since it had the UPC on it I was screwed. You would think that they require the UPC to verify that rebate duplicates are not processes and/or you truly have purchased the item. That's obviously not the case because it would not take too much effort on their part to verify my warrantee registration and the fact that they never processed a rebate from me for that product. If their product wasn't so damn good and their competitors not even close stuff like that would make me look elsewhere. Since their RXs and servos are not as unique and are very much matched by their competitors at a much cheaper price I have very few Futaba flight pack components.
Old 10-30-2003, 03:39 PM
NOVAflier
My Feedback: (21)

I got mine from Tower. Came with the radio when I bought it.

One BIG drawback though, you have to use it at the retailer you order from AND (big AND here), you have to send it in via snail mail. You also have to buy a product from one of the listed manufacturers. Luckily, I bought a O.S. motor mount.

Soooooo, I placed my first order to tower today via snail mail. Let's see what the total cycle takes...
Old 10-30-2003, 04:11 PM
3d-aholic

__
Hopefully not. But I do know my retailer told me over the phone yesterday that his Great Planes Distributor says a copy is ok. So I got one person now working for Great Planes by way of heresay that says a copy is OK...and one that says a copy is not OK. It definitely smells like a Bait and Switch. Or at a minimum, mass confusion. You cannot get a rebate form off the website, that would defeat the original idea. Also, the retailer has to put a special code on there anyway....maybe thats the definition of an original...?

Its only $10...but the $10 and RF Synth that you can't get yet were the only reasons I bought Futuba.

Well I'm checking...
Old 10-31-2003, 10:53 AM
Bax

There is NO bait and switch. If your retailer didn't know about the program, they haven't been reading their promotional literature from Great Planes. Normally, the retailer would obtain the needed forms and materials for programs such as the rebate. Programs such as this are intended to help the hobby retailer serve his customers.

If you send your full name and address to Hobby Services at the email address below, we'll forward it to Great Planes to get a form mailed to you.
Old 10-31-2003, 11:12 AM
3d-aholic

Ok....emailed my retailer yesterday and just called my retailer again and I still don't have any response from them. I will send the email.

I should add, though, I don't know of any company that offers rebate forms that don't put the form up on their website, or that doesn't allow copies of the "rebate" form/application. I think this use to be the norm back before the advent of the Internet that has long since changed. I've gotten rebates on disk drives, 2-way radios, telephones, shredders, memory, monitors, printers...

IMHO, its a strange requirement to set a new "rebate standard" that I believe any retailer would also find strange.
Old 10-31-2003, 11:33 AM
SilverEagle2
My Feedback: (9)

I am concerned 2MuchThrow as I think our retailers are the same. My form was a photocopy of a fax and is hardly readable. Let us know if you get the actual form.

I'd hate to loose out on a rebate.

Jason
Old 10-31-2003, 11:40 AM
3d-aholic

ORIGINAL: SilverEagle2-RCU
My form was a photocopy of a fax and is hardly readable.
Jason
That's what mine is. The Great Planes Fax # is still at the top there where they faxed a copy, that can't be used, to the retailer.
Old 10-31-2003, 12:03 PM
3d-aholic

ORIGINAL: Bax

If you send your full name and address to Hobby Services at the email address below, we'll forward it to Great Planes to get a form mailed to you.
Bill: Thank you for getting me the rebate form and getting this issue on a course to resolution for me.
Old 10-31-2003, 10:48 PM
cassidy
My Feedback: (5)

When I have a problem with a rebate that involves an amount over $20 I package up the correspondence and send it to the Consumer Fraud Division of the State Attorney General's
Office. In every instance I have gotten my Rebate and in a few occasions I also got an apology from the company.
Old 11-02-2003, 08:54 AM
harphunt

I don't understand why the original receipt is needed. Don't I, as the consumer, need it more for warranty work, insurance coverage, etc. That is unreasonable. I'm going to try and submit with a photocopy and a letter of explaination. What a silly game for $15 cash. I spill more than that (but not on purpose).