Community
Search
Notices
RC Radios, Transmitters, Receivers, Servos, gyros Discussion all about rc radios, transmitters, receivers, servos, etc.

Question programing Futaba 7UAFS

Search this Thread

Old 11-08-2003, 10:28 PM
Tbanister
My Feedback: (3)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Question programing Futaba 7UAFS

I have a Futaba 7UAFS (old super 7) with a 7 ch. reciever mounted in a Combat Gremlin. The Gremlin is a flying wing with no
elevator or rudder. I have been flying this plane with this radio for years. Today I took it out to charge up the batteries and I notice
the Elevon mixing is not working. So I check to make sure I have it set for the correct model and I do. Then I pull out the old instruction manual and try to reprogram it. Normaly I'm pretty good with this stuff but, man I just can't get it to work right again.
According to the instructions channel 1 is Aileron, Ch 2 is Elevator and Ch 3 should be Throttle. What's screwing me up is my Throttle is on ch 2 and my Elevator is on ch 3. What's up with that?? Why are they backwards?? Have any of you guys ran across this?? I can't figure out how to switch the two back, so I can get the elevon function working. Any words of wisdom out there?

Tim
Old 11-08-2003, 11:22 PM
JoeAirPort
My Feedback: (41)

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default RE: Question programing Futaba 7UAFS

Make sure you have all the updates to the manual. My 6EXA came with a manual and an update sheet with corrections to the channel labeling. The original manual was wrong. I actually made the corrections in my manual with a pen in case the little sheet got lost.

Joe
Old 11-09-2003, 11:57 AM
Windwalker
My Feedback: (2)

Didja recently disconnect and reconnect the servos at the receiver?
Old 11-09-2003, 01:51 PM
amcross
My Feedback: (2)

tim,
do you mean your elevator stick is moving throttle and throttle stick is moving elevator? but the servos are properly plugged in? If so, you've accidentally changed the stick mode from mode 2 to mode (4 i think). turn the TX off. Hold the 2 left side buttons down and turn TX on while holding them down. check the stick mode, and correct it to mode 2 (or 1 if that's what you normally fly).

Sincerely,
AnnMarie Cross
President
Crosswinds Equine Rescue, Inc
http://www.crosswindseqresq.org/
Old 11-10-2003, 10:17 AM
Tbanister
My Feedback: (3)

Thanks AnnMarie,
That was the problem. You know I read that manual over and over trying to figure it out. Futaba did a very poor
job in writing that book. The only thing that is in the manual about "Stick Mode" is that "usually this function is not used"!!
anyway thanks again!!

Tim