Notices
RC Radios, Transmitters, Receivers, Servos, gyros Discussion all about rc radios, transmitters, receivers, servos, etc.

JR gyro with Futaba radio. Need URGENT HELP!

Old 05-08-2002, 02:37 AM
Nikita

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default JR gyro with Futaba radio. Need URGENT HELP!

Hi guys,
I am trying to set up a gyro in my airplane. The gyro is JR460T, radio is Futaba 8UAFs, the gyro is for rudders, operated on JR digital servos.
My problem is that I am not sure how to adjust gyro gain. When I first connected it, it screwed up my center position, also increased the travel a whole lot.
I can fix the centering by reattaching the servo arm
Getting rid of extra throw is doable through ATV, however I need to get down to about 40% to restore the original throws. Is this normal?
Now the last and the most significant problem is with gyro gain. I plug the gain adjustment wire into ch.7 on the receiver, but can't figure out how to adjust it. Is it just with ATV? Or is it through positioning the knob for ch.7? And how does gain change present itself: I get less maximum throw or just smaller adjustments on the rudder for any gyro movement?

I would greatly appreciate any advice. I'd like to fly the plane this weekend and need this fixed.
Thanks in advance. Nikita.