Community
Search
Notices
RC Radios, Transmitters, Receivers, Servos, gyros Discussion all about rc radios, transmitters, receivers, servos, etc.

Futaba 9Z WC2 Radio & Hitec Servos ???

Search this Thread

Old 11-17-2003, 12:22 AM
OnEdge

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Futaba 9Z WC2 Radio & Hitec Servos ???

I got my eye on the Futaba 9Z radio.

But I like Hitec Servos. Is there anything I need to worry about using this configuration?

From what I have been reading Futaba Servos and Hitec Servos use different technology and there are many differences. Is there a "Standard" on what information is sent from a Receiver to the Servos?

What about in a “Y” harness configuration?

I know they make JR and Hitec servos with Futaba connectors but I have been unable to find anything saying that they will function the same as a Futaba Servo?

Thanks
Old 11-17-2003, 12:47 AM
mglavin
My Feedback: (31)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: Futaba 9Z WC2 Radio & Hitec Servos ???

Hitec servos work with nearly any brand radio system providing the plug wiring is compatible. I believe all current radio systems offered have a common wiring servo plug configuration at this time. Previously Airtronics was the only wildchild, BUT they have since changed the plug wiring to that of the other manufacturers.

Specifically, Hitecs full servo line will plug right in and work just fine with a Futaba radio equipment. I have been doing this for many years...
Old 11-17-2003, 03:28 PM
3DFanatic
My Feedback: (5)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Futaba 9Z WC2 Radio & Hitec Servos ???

HiTecs work just fine with a 9Z. I know because a flying buddy uses them in his H9 Sukhoi.