Community
Search
Notices
RC Radios, Transmitters, Receivers, Servos, gyros Discussion all about rc radios, transmitters, receivers, servos, etc.

Single Conversion RX with 9C/9Z

Search this Thread

Old 11-18-2003, 07:56 AM
WilsonFlyer
My Feedback: (13)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Single Conversion RX with 9C/9Z

OK... So I thought I was getting a great deal @ $20 on flea-Bay and I got took. :-p LOL

I ended up with a "single conversion" x-channel Futaba RX with no crystal. I have a 9ZAP (primary TX/synthesized) and a 9CHP (backup TX with a Hitec Spectra). I figure I'm already stuck with this RX so I might as well use it on something; maybe a SPAD or summin'. Anyway; I've finally run across an auction for a SET of "single conversion" crystals on eBay BUT I'm curious whether the single-conversion RX with appropriate crystal (I learned the hard way that a "normal" crystal won't work! LOL) will fcn with my two radios. There's obviously?? a reason there's a single conversion crystal for the TX in the auction too?

If it will work, what are the pitfalls of actually getting some usage out of this? I don't need/expect a doctoral thesis on single v. double conversion just need to know if single conversion is relatively "safe" to use. I'm sure it was around long before the double-conversion stuff so logic would dictate that it's OK just not as "good" handling errors and glitches. Is that about it?

Thanks in advance friends. :-)

(Sorry for the double-post but maybe I can get an answer here quicker. Maybe this wasn't appropriate for the manufacturer's support forum anyway.)
Old 11-18-2003, 07:59 AM
WilsonFlyer
My Feedback: (13)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: Single Conversion RX with 9C/9Z

Just found my answer in a similar thread. Thanks anyway.