Community
Search
Notices
RC Radios, Transmitters, Receivers, Servos, gyros Discussion all about rc radios, transmitters, receivers, servos, etc.

Futaba 6xas or Futaba 6exa

Search this Thread

Old 12-03-2003, 08:28 PM
gr8johnson3

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Futaba 6xas or Futaba 6exa

I am going to get a new radio. Which is the better choice. i like the digital trims on the 6exa. and seems like it might be easier to program too. I dont need the fanciest radio in the world. i want to be able to use the radio for different planes. Any other suggestions besides futaba is good too. i dint want to spend more than $230.00. the price of the 6xas. Thanks.
Old 12-03-2003, 09:51 PM
JoeAirPort
My Feedback: (41)

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default RE: Futaba 6xas or Futaba 6exa

I really like my 6EXA. It has an engine kill switch also. You just flick the trainer switch twice and the engine shuts off. That's handy. Very quick to setup a plane. Some complain that the rudder is not on the dual rate but I really don't need it on the rudder. I have two tail draggers and they are fine taking off and landing at max control throw. No problem for me anyway. I like the flaperon mixing feature on channels 1 and 6 for my 5 servo planes. Works like a champ. I really have to play around with the flaps more though (up high).

I'm sure the consensus in this forum will be to go with a 6XAS or 9C but you can make your own choice. For me the 6EXA works and was only $160 at my LHS (gave me a little break on a plane/radio package).

Joe