Community
Search
Notices
RC Radios, Transmitters, Receivers, Servos, gyros Discussion all about rc radios, transmitters, receivers, servos, etc.

Dead Futaba 149DP rx

Search this Thread

Old 12-10-2003, 02:54 AM
Ragz

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
Default Dead Futaba 149DP rx

Can a Rx just fail without even being used? I used this rx on saturday evening and on sunday morning it was dead. Any clues what may have happened? It was perfect on saturday evening...
Old 12-10-2003, 06:41 AM
FlyinBrian

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Dead Futaba 149DP rx

Anything electronic can fail at any time and the most frequent time for failures is at switch on.

FB
Old 12-10-2003, 12:11 PM
MHawker
My Feedback: (16)

It's possible, but be sure to check all of your connections, switches, etc first and try another in the exact same set up. Also, if your radio needs to be power cycled to activate PCM (like a 9C), be sure to try that. It might appear the RX is bad if it's not responding to your TX but it might be in PPM mode.
Old 12-10-2003, 04:20 PM
darryl123
My Feedback: (8)

yes it can.
i bought a new futaba 6 channel and it was in the box for about 6 months before i got around to finishing the plane, when i tested it again to install it did not work. i took it in (out of warrenty lost the recept) it had a bad transistor in the reciver. when i bought it they tested it and all was well. the repair shop said it is rair but not uncommon. this was 15 years ago and it cost 40.00 to repair.