Community
Search
Notices
RC Radios, Transmitters, Receivers, Servos, gyros Discussion all about rc radios, transmitters, receivers, servos, etc.

Futaba FC 28

Search this Thread

Old 12-11-2003, 12:28 PM
A Betancourt

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Futaba FC 28

I am very interested in getting a Futaba FC 28 radio but I have some questions:

Does anybody knows what type of RF module does it use? Can it use a TP or TK module?

Does anybody knows a mail order hobby shop that carries this readio preferably in the UK?

What are the impressions of users of this radio?

Thank you very much

Regards

Alfredo
Old 12-11-2003, 04:18 PM
Bax
My Feedback: (11)

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts
Default RE: Futaba FC 28

We're sorry, but we're not familiar with a Futaba FC-28 R/C transmitter (or system). Do you have a link to an ad so that we can see it? It's possible you're referring to a unit that's sold only in certain parts of the world.
Old 12-11-2003, 05:52 PM
A Betancourt

This is one of the more famous Futaba R/C systems in Europe, it is now on its third version. I know that it is not available in the USA but I know that the first version came out more or less at the same time as the FP-9VAP, I am very interested in getting one and that is why want to kow if it can use a 72Mhz module, it is possible than in the USA it will not be legal but we dont have any problems here in Mexico.

You can see this radio in the Robbe web page, just click in the radios.

http://at.robbe-online.net/cgi-bin/r....storefront/en

Regards

Alfredo
Old 12-12-2003, 11:30 AM
Bax
My Feedback: (11)

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

Your transmitter is made for Robbe's market. We'd not know if it's available anywhere else. Likely not. Certainly not in North America.

According to the Robbe web site, the Futaba FC-28 uses a Futaba TQ module. They would not be the same ones as used in the systems imported to North America. You'll have to contact Robbe to see what's compatible. You may not be able to get a module on 72 MHz channels to fit your transmitter, since we're not at all familiar with the European-only systems.
Old 12-12-2003, 12:00 PM
olivier

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Hi,

The Robbe/Futaba FC28 is using exactly the same HF-module as for the Robbe/Futaba FC18...and the Futaba radios FF6/6X, FF8/8U, the FF9/9C and the 9Z.

In our club, I have had the opportunity to swap HF modules for all of this radios for teaching reasons.
One day I nearly bought a second-hand FC28 (owning a FC18) but piloting with thumbs, this transmitter was much too heavy and too big for me. Think about this negative point before buying. In terms of capability the FC28 ranges higher than the FF9/9C, lower than the 9Z. Basic memory is 8 or 10 models and can be extended with campack/ultrapack. Check for the latest software version V3.2, soft-versions 1 and 2 are NOT upgradeable, only from V3.0 on.
Happy landings,
Olivier
Old 12-12-2003, 12:53 PM
A Betancourt

Oliver:

Thank you very much, another question, do you know a hobby shop in Europe that handle this radio and can ship to Mexico?

Regards

Alfredo
Old 12-13-2003, 05:40 AM
olivier

Hi again,

I guess the best bet would be to order from a German shop, Germany beeing very keen on the FC28. Germany has without any doubt also the best prices for all RC-stuff in Europe.

Some adresses :

The first is http://www.hoellein.de/ which is quite popular for it's prizes and export to my country (next to Germany).
Some others :
http://www.a1-modellbau.de/index.htm...t=dept_44.html
http://www.andys-hobbyshop.de/
http://www.guindeuil.de/
http://www.schwab-modellbau.de/
http://www.langnickel-modellbau.com/

The biggest French mail order RC-shop : http://www.newpower-modelisme.com/np...cs/default.htm

Good luck, but are you sure you want that radio? I guess you would be happy enough with a 9C. If you want unlimited possibilities, I would advice you a Multiplex Evo or eventually the Multiplex MC4000. The FC28 you want is not aspecially cheap (and so heavy!!)!
Olivier
Old 12-14-2003, 10:38 AM
A Betancourt

Oliver:

Thank you very much for the information, my interest for this radio is not compleatly rational, now I am flying with a Futaba FF7 and a JR 8103 but for some reason I really like the FC 28, it has something to do with the fact that this radio has a metal housing, top quality ball bearing gimbals and compleate freedom in the swith and function position.

Regards

Alfredo
Old 12-14-2003, 11:26 AM
olivier

Hi, again,

Indeed, you are right about the housing and about the sticks : excellent quality indeed and complete freedom for switch and function position (the last beeing also available on Multiplex MC3010,3030, Evo and MC4000).

If you would ever order in Germany, be sure to request an English software AND English manual, for as far they can deliver an English version. And NO, I don't think you'll ever find an Englishversion manual on the web (PDF-style or other).
Good luck. I saw yesterday on a second-hand RC-fair in Brussels a FC28 for sale for 250 Euro/280USD.
Olivier
Old 01-03-2004, 02:13 AM
Harken
My Feedback: (1)

Gentlemen,
I have a Futaba FC-28 and simply LOVE it! I live in California and yes the same HF-modules that fit Futaba DO work in the Robbe-Futaba FC-28. I have a connection here who is in direct connection with Germany to supply these radios. The reason you cannot find them in the states is because Great Planes has the monopoly here on Futaba and doesnt want to support any product obtainable elsewhere. The FC-28 is superior to the famous 9Z and can only be compared to the Multiplex Profi4000 or the Graupner MC-24.
Its an awsome radio and I highly recoment it no matter what your application may be. And yes they ARE legal here in the states since you can use a 72Mhz module.
Sometimes you just have to think outside the box.
Old 01-07-2004, 12:24 PM
wolf123

hi Harken

Since robbe don't make Module for 72mhz do you think the fp-tk-fss works on fc28?

Mirco
Old 01-09-2004, 12:12 PM
ww2birds
My Feedback: (14)

Received 9 Likes on 6 Posts

Guys, I acquired a FC-28 while living in Zurich. What a great radio!

On return to the US, I was advised by Futaba (sorry, don't recall who!) that the 9Z's RF modules were compatible. I used it for several years with no issues, but have since sold it and moved to a stock 9Z due to re-acquiring the preference for the American transmitter box shape and flying style (the FC-28 virtually requires a tray).

Net net: I agree that while the FC-28 and the 9Z are generally comparable, the FC-28 is slightly superior/more flexible in its programming. Sometimes I miss it!!

One thing I can't speak about is the FCC legality of doing this, the advice I had two-three years ago was that it was ok, but after reading all the traffic on the Hitec/Futaba interchange of xmitter/modules, I am less sure this advice is correct.

I know that many people here in the US like them for contolling RC construction equipment because so many additional sliders/buttons/switches can be easily added in the expansion area above the sticks.

Hope this helps...

Dave