Community
Search
Notices
RC Radios, Transmitters, Receivers, Servos, gyros Discussion all about rc radios, transmitters, receivers, servos, etc.

Vertical boat antenna housing

Search this Thread

Old 12-16-2003, 04:11 PM
mikenlapaz

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Vertical boat antenna housing

Putting together an airboat for ocean/bay use. I plan to mount the antenna forward and I'm looking for options of verical support. Would a piece of carbon fiber tube be a suitable for running the antenna INSIDE ? Would the conductivity of the fiber affect the radio signal?

Any other good options?
Old 12-16-2003, 04:59 PM
ZAGNUT
My Feedback: (1)

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default RE: Vertical boat antenna housing

if it's bad to have the antenna next to carbon push rods i'd imagine that it's not a good idea to run it through a carbon tube...i may be wrong though.

if it were me i'd just replace the antenna with a piece of music wire and keep everything the same length...

dave
Old 12-16-2003, 05:19 PM
mr.rc-cam

Nylon pushrod material should work well. Carl Golberg Golden Rod is also another choice.
Old 12-16-2003, 07:10 PM
mikenlapaz

Zagnut Hi,
did not know about the problem with proximity to carbon pushrods. silver sodering a terminal to music wire and crimping ant wire to a small terminal would give the disconnect. (check out my zenoah post Gas Eng Thought of one of your past comments when I saw it!

mr.rc-cam-RCU Good option as well, thread up and secure top end with wire tie end.