Community
Search
Notices
RC Radios, Transmitters, Receivers, Servos, gyros Discussion all about rc radios, transmitters, receivers, servos, etc.

Glitching Problem?

Search this Thread

Old 02-24-2003, 05:13 PM
Nadisha

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Glitching Problem?

Hi,

I have got a Multiplex Micro 7 receiver (not IDP).
When there the TX is off, the servos connected
to RX are glitching. But with TX on, it works okay.
My other Futaba RXs work just fine (No TX no
servo movements). Is this Multiplex RX giving
me a warning of a near by crash? or is it
normal for some RXs??

Please help with your ideas - Regards,

Nadisha

Old 02-24-2003, 06:11 PM
00hex

The receiver is just picking up random noise and thinking it's a signal. When there is no signal FM receivers basically do whatever they want; the servos may just stop working or they may jitter around.

The important thing is that the receiver work when the transmitter is on and within normal range.
Old 02-24-2003, 07:29 PM
daveopam
My Feedback: (9)

Received 42 Likes on 37 Posts

Hex is on the money. Take any plane with the TX turned off and the RX turned on and attach a hot shot.
The servos will chatter. A good range check with the ant down on the TX will tell you if all is OK.
later daveo
Old 02-25-2003, 05:08 PM
Bill L

Usually the instructions say, turn on the transmitter first. That way there is a signal for the receiver to pick up as soon as you turn it on. I had a plane that danced around on the table because the receiver was not listening to my transmitter at all. That way I knew the receiver was faulty.(I switched receivers and it worked fine) Some receivers will tell the servos to jerk to an extreem and damage them, so turn the TX on first, then the Rx.
Old 03-13-2003, 08:30 PM
jimcork1
My Feedback: (4)

Don't turn the tx off with the rec on. If you get a stray signal you could drive the servos to full extreme and strip out the gears.

Also last month at our field a really nice guy while taxing out turned his tx off to check something, and his really hot .40 went through the tail on my big stinger. Don't worry be happy only 1 day of work to get the stinger back in the air.

If you turn your tx off and the engine is running you can cause serious injury.

Have a nice day.. Vettdvr