Community
Search
Notices
RC Radios, Transmitters, Receivers, Servos, gyros Discussion all about rc radios, transmitters, receivers, servos, etc.

TX Power?

Search this Thread

Old 12-28-2003, 01:17 AM
el_rey_lobo

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default TX Power?

Hello everyone,

Can anyone tell me what the TX power of a typical 72/75MHz transmitter is and how it compares to a "Ham Band" 50MHz model? I'm a Ham and am in the market for a new transmitter and figure why not go with the a 50MHz system? Is it difficult to find RX? Any ideas, thoughts or comments?

Thanks in advance!
Old 12-28-2003, 06:28 AM
Lynx

Default RE: TX Power?

50mhz gear is hard to come by and has the disadvantage of being harder to find buyers for if you decide to sell it. Max legal transmit power for 72-75mhz equipment is somewhere around 700mw's If you have a ham ticket you can transmit up to 1 full watt. It would have to be tuned by someone with a scope and a signal meter though.
Old 12-29-2003, 07:17 AM
amcross
My Feedback: (2)

Default RE: TX Power?

El-Ray,
Depending on the brand you fly, 50mhz support may not be as complete asit is for 72mhz as far as getting parts. However, there are MANY happy hams out there. I would suggest you ask that question under a different topic name so more ham's can give you their feedback. For waht its worth, we've had ham equipment donated and had NO problem selling it whatsoever -- ON LINE. Local sales might be harder.

As far as output, the max allowed for 72mhz is .75W; for 50mhz HAM users is 1.0 Watt. Most manuf's transmitters don't get very close to the .75W, and the actual figure is not available for most radios.

Sincerely,
AnnMarie Cross
President
Crosswinds Equine Rescue, Inc
http://www.crosswindseqresq.org/