Community
Search
Notices
RC Radios, Transmitters, Receivers, Servos, gyros Discussion all about rc radios, transmitters, receivers, servos, etc.

9CAP setup for crow

Search this Thread

Old 01-03-2004, 08:06 PM
DNR
My Feedback: (20)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 9CAP setup for crow

I have a 9CAP and want to set it up for Crow on switch C. I cannot make sense out of the manual or the Q & A section on the Futaba home page. Can you provide me with step by step instructions? The setup will be on a Hanger 9 Ultrastick with two flap servos and two aileron servos. Also, I would like to mix down elevator into the process. I had it set up with a super 8 but no luck on the 9........Help!!!

Thanks in advance,
Don
Old 01-05-2004, 11:30 AM
glowplug
My Feedback: (1)

Default RE: 9CAP setup for crow

Don,
I just did the exact same setup on my 9C with an Ultra Stick...it took some time, but I got it working perfectly....with the down elevator too. I have the flap servos Y-harnessed, and the aileron servos on separate channels. If your setup is the same, I'd be glad to give you my phone number and I can describe every mix I have set up over the phone to you.

Mike
Old 01-05-2004, 05:47 PM
DNR
My Feedback: (20)

Thanks, Mike, I sent you a PM.

Don
Old 01-11-2004, 10:30 AM
Chuckr53-RCU
My Feedback: (40)

Default RE: <span class=

Mike...by using a Y harness for the flaps, don't you lose the full span ailerons? I could never get that going on my 9CAP, at the same time I had the crow setup. (I use 4 separate channels)
Old 01-11-2004, 11:15 AM
glowplug

Chuck, yes, you do lose full span ailerons with the Y-harness......BUT, if you crank up the aileron throws, you'll NEVER know you don't have full span ailerons!
Old 01-11-2004, 11:34 AM
hilleyja
My Feedback: (3)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I had mine programmed in the Futaba 8AU with full-span airlons activated. It surprised me that the roll difference was noticeable but not stellar. When I switch to the 9C this Spring I will probably Y-connect the flaps.

BTW, I was totally lost on 3 separate attempts to use the FUTABA's 9C FAQ for 7-8channel programming. I followed the instructions and but never fully realized the exspected functionality. I tried to get AnnMarie to help but she blew me off. When I asked her to help me setup my Ultra Stick she claimed my request was unreasonable -- she couldn't respond to every different airplane requirement, claimed she wasn't familiar with the airplane. She was still working for Futaba at that time and maybe it was a political response because the Ultra Stick was not a Great Plains product. I still had the 8AU at the time and stayed with that.
Old 03-03-2004, 10:58 PM
boneman_66

i too found the FAQ section completely confusing. i think in the ultrastick question they immediately assume you're using an 8 channel reciever - aren't many futaba's 7 channel?? i'll keep searching the archives, but in the meantime if anyone wants to help me out i'll greatly appreciate it.

here is my setup:

2 ail servos - channels 1 and 7
2 flap servos - channels 5 and 6

i think i'm supposed to use ail-diff but i keep reading a bunch of stuff about flaperon. i put 6 as a slave to 5 and reversed one so i can get the flaps to move in the same direction when i turn the knob (C i think). right now neutral flaps is set for the middle point of the knob as i didn't know if there was ever a reason i'd want the flaps to be able to deflect up as well as down (which will definitely be the case when i figure out how to set up full span ailerons).

in any event i'd like to be able to control the flaps separately but also flick a switch into crow and as i mentioned coordinate flaps and ailerons. any help or links would be greatly appreciated.

boneman
Old 03-04-2004, 01:02 AM
smitymax

If you had the 8C programmed for crow you can do exactly the same thing with the 9C (using the Glid 2 Flap) follow the same directions for the 8C. the only thing you lose is direct throttle cut, but that is handled with a mix offset to a switch of your choice... I use the trainer switch because of the spring return to off. Works very well for me.
Old 03-04-2004, 08:49 AM
hilleyja

Thanks, I'll keep that in mind when I programmed my 9C for my GP Christen Eagle II. I plan of setting her up with 4 separate channels for the 4 airlons. My added complexity is the need to set up split elevators -- I have several options because I'm using Hitec digitals and also have the programmer for them.
Old 04-20-2004, 02:51 PM
Capn America

Anyone had any luck yet? Ive spent days trying acro and glide. I get the alerons tied together and loose crow, get crow set up and loose the coupled alerons... Ive got flaps and single alerons now i may just give up and fly it.

http://www.futaba-rc.com/faq/faq-9c.html

I found some new info since i was there last, will try it tonight and see if it helps.
Old 04-20-2004, 08:58 PM
Chuckr53-RCU

I think the solution is the Futaba 8U...forget the 9C for this. If you want the crow AND the full span ailerons, the 9C won't fill the bill...the 8U does.

I have both, and when I compare the two, I like the 8U better. The 9C has the better (easier) interface...the 8U has the better functionality. My $0.02. Of course I'm not a competitive flyer...it's probably better for THOSE GUYS.
Old 04-20-2004, 11:31 PM
Henry_90lx

If you want the crow AND the full span ailerons, the 9C won't fill the bill...the 8U does.
Not to start an argument but the 9c will do both crow and full span rons. Here is the programing I have it on my ultra stik and it works great.

Flapperon:

Mix-Act
(L) (R)
Rate-Ail1>+100 +100
Ail2>+100 +100

Flp2> +100
Flp1> -100

Flap trim:
act
rat> +6%

Air Brake
Mix> Off
Rate-Ail1>+100%
Elev>- 20%
Flap>+100%
Ail2>+100%
Delay-elev> 0%
Mode: Manual

Elev-Flap
Mix> Off
Rate - ^ -50%
v -50%

sw>c
posi>up

aux channel selections:

Ch 5 - Sw-F edit I changed this to vr-e
Ch 6 - Vr-A
Ch 7 - Null edit I changed this to vr-e
Ch 8 - Null

Paramater: Aerobatic

Pmixes
#1:
rate: +100%
mix: off
mas: offset
slv: aux 1
link: off

sw: C
pos: down

#2:
rate: +100%
mix: off
mas: offset
slv: aux 2 edit changed this to GEAR

sw: C
pos: down

rate: +100%/+100%
offset:0%
mix: on
mas: aile
link: on
trim: on
sw: H
pos: up

rate: -100%/-100%
mas: aile
slv: aux 2
trim: on
sw: H

rate: +50%/+50%
mas: elev
trim: off
sw: g

Pos 1>- 40
Pos 2>-20
Pos 3>0
Pos 4>+20
Pos 5>4+0

mas: elev
slv: aux 2 edit change this to GEAR
sw: g

Inhibited

Ok, thats how i had my ultrastick set up.
Up on the C switch was ailerons coupled to the elevator.

When you pull switch C down, full crow. Up on the outside ailerons, and full down on the flaps.

Switch H up gives full span ailerons.

Switch H down gives outer ailerons only.

Switch G up gives flaps coupled to the elevator

Switch C and G both up gives full span flapperons

Swith G up gives flaps coupled to the elevator.
Old 04-21-2004, 09:18 AM
glowplug

Great post Henry! Awesome programming info there for an UltraStick....I'm going to try some of the flap to elevator and full span flapperon mixing.
Old 04-21-2004, 09:37 AM
Chuckr53-RCU

Henry...what are your channel assignments? I'll try it myself, and if it works, I'll eat humble pie!
Old 04-21-2004, 10:09 AM
hilleyja

ORIGINAL: Chuckr53-RCU

Henry...what are your channel assignments? I'll try it myself, and if it works, I'll eat humble pie!
Humble Pie was already on your menu when you aluded to the 8U having more capability than the 9C. The 9C has everything the 8U had and then some.
Old 04-21-2004, 12:52 PM
Henry_90lx

1 R Ailereon
2 L elevator
3 Throttle
4 Rudder
5 R flap
6 L Aileron
7 L flap
8 R elevator

This sam programinig will work with a 7 Channel reciver as well just Y harness the elevators on channel 2 but you wont be able to have elevons coupled to the ailerons

Hope it helps

Henry
Old 04-21-2004, 12:53 PM
Capn America

Thanks henry, good info. I may get a chance to do some programing tonight. Did you start in acro or glid2?
Old 04-21-2004, 12:58 PM
Henry_90lx

I also set up manual flaps and spoilers by making chanel 7 vr-e instead of null then just use prog mix 7 to make channel 5 follow channel 7. then the right slider (vr-e) will drop the flaps when you pull the slider down then raise spoilers when you push it up.

Henry
Old 04-21-2004, 01:01 PM
Henry_90lx

acro
Old 04-22-2004, 06:10 AM
Capn America

Thanks, made major progress last night. I now have crow and coupled alerons but i ran out of time to get the flaps working properly. they are going up instead of down on switch c up position but i think i can fix that.

Receiver question

I was using a 148dp receiver. It had 8 plug ins,8 chanels and the 8th is 8B. I was using 8 for the battery and trying to use 5 in place of 8. Could i hav plugged the battery in to channel 5 slot since it was not used? Can you actually get 8 channels out of a 148 receiver by using a splitter on 8?

Dad had a 149dp in his plane i swapped out last night to get mine working. Just got me thinking though and 8 channel reciever should run up to 8 servos individually right?
Old 04-22-2004, 10:39 AM
Henry_90lx

Yes just put a Y connector on the 8th plug and plug your right elevator into one side of it and your battery into the other

Henry
Old 04-25-2004, 04:54 PM
federation

How do you have channel 2 L elevator and channel 8 R elevator ? Are you using dual servos on the elavator?
Old 04-25-2004, 04:56 PM
federation

How do you have channel 2 L elevator and channel 8 R elevator ? Are you using dual servos on the elevator?
Old 04-25-2004, 05:11 PM
Henry_90lx

Yes I have 2 servos on the elevator because My elevator is split into 2 halfs. This allows to mix in elevons. With that setup it rolls like crazy full span rons and elevons really make it go.

Henry
Old 08-15-2004, 03:15 AM
miamiflyer

Hey there,
Anyone got lucky with Henry's programming ?
I had to change the rate in Pmix2 from +100 to -100 to fix crow. it's working now.
also had to change rate in pmix5 from+50/+50 to -50/-50
C up works ele to ail but also the right flap moves a little.
H up gives finally full ailerons but down also includes the right flap.
G up moves only right flap up when elev up, also moves both ailerons up with ele down.
C and G both up give flap up/ailerons down if elevator up and vice versa flap down/ailerons up wehn ele down.
I also didn't get the flaps only on the slider, had to set aux ch 7 & 8 to null to get crow working right.
The whole thing works only if i set parameter AIL-2 = ch 5&6 as opposed to having it on 6 or 7, right?

very funky, but at least i get full span ail and crow. Maybe anyone here knows a fix ?

I've tried all programming sheets i could find on the web with less results than this one.
Guess i fly it like this, just being carefull not to switch anything else than C down or H up.
Maidened the plane with this setup and all went well, doesn't really need flaps. comes in like
my pt-40 trainer. First gallon of fuel on a saito 100 and already vertical pull until i can't see it anymore, nice!
I'm having fun.
Happy landings, patrick

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.