Community
Search
Notices
RC Radios, Transmitters, Receivers, Servos, gyros Discussion all about rc radios, transmitters, receivers, servos, etc.

Hitec Digital servos!

Search this Thread

Old 05-21-2002, 08:29 PM
brc007
My Feedback: (1)

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default Hitec Digital servos!

I am getting some servos for my Sceadu 50 Helicopter . I have been thinking about getting the Hitec 5625’s for the cyclic and the 5645 for the collective. I don’t want to spend more then $60 apiece. If I don’t get the Hitec’s I will probably get the Futaba 9202’s. I have heard rumors about the Hitec digitals failing prematurely . I would like to hear from anybody who has a Hitec digital fail on them. Or anybody who has a first hand account of them failing. I would also very much like to also hear from all of you who are running Hitec 56*5 (or other Hitec) digital's successfully

Thanks!
Old 05-21-2002, 08:47 PM
pilotrc

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Hi-Tech Servos

Over the past year I've been trying to determine which servos have presented the least problems as indicated on various sites by users.. Currently it appears that HiTech has a slight edge..{.Digital} My findings to date...Jim
Old 05-22-2002, 02:57 AM
Westbender

You left out a choice.... I've had a Hitec digital fail and I still plan to use them.
Old 05-22-2002, 04:21 AM
brc007

ARGH... Sorry. Maybe a mod could edit the poll for me and add that. "I've had a Hitec digital fail and I still plan to use them"

Thanks,
Old 05-22-2002, 04:22 AM
brc007

BTW. In what way did your Hitec digital fail? Did the failure result in a crash?
Old 05-22-2002, 11:53 AM
bob_nj
My Feedback: (62)

Default pilotrc

Who else was in your mix?
Old 05-22-2002, 12:01 PM
sirmombo

I had a 5645 that was defective. I bought three of them. Two work flawlessly, one of the them had a bad amp. I did fly with the bad one a few times, but it began taking a very long time before it would start responding after I turned on the receiver.

I sent it to Hitec service and it took about two weeks to get it back. Now all three work perfect. I have many Hitec servos and that was the only one I had to have serviced. I wouldn't hesitate to get another.
Old 05-22-2002, 12:41 PM
Westbender

brc007,

Yes, it resulted in a crash. I created a thread the other day regarding my servo failures. It's called "Servo Voodoo? Losing Airplanes...". All the info is there about my digital failure.

sirmombo,

I believe I noticed that my digital (the one that failed) also took a couple seconds before it would start responding after turning on the flight pack. I had no idea that could be a clue there might be a problem with it. The rest of the plane has 605MG's in it. The 605's always came to life before the digital would on power-up. I'll have to check my other airplanes to see if they do the same thing. I have two other planes with 605MG's all around and a 5945 on the rudder.
Old 05-23-2002, 04:27 AM
brc007

Anyone else?
Old 05-23-2002, 10:21 AM
sirmombo

The 5645's I have on the ailerons start responding within a second. I really can't notice a delay. By the time I move my hand from the plane switch to the transmitter they're working.

I had the defective one on the elevator. It started out only taking a few seconds to start reponding. Once it started responding, it worked perfectly. It started taking over a minute to respond so I sent it in. I was very concerned about it failing during a flight.

The note I got back with the servo said it had a bad amp. I would get another one, but I would send it in for service if I noticed any noticeable delay before it starts responding.
Old 05-23-2002, 01:21 PM
can773

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Mmm

How come you usually only see people on here talking about Hitec servos failing? I dont recall that I have ever seen a thread on a Futaba or JR servo failing, and I certainly have not seen multiple threads on that subject.

I have never owned a Hitec, never will after reading about the problems others have had on here. I have tons of Futaba and JR servos never had one fail. Based on what I have read over time on this forum it would seem that Hitec servos are not terribly reliable.

Go ahead flame away all you diehard Hitec users Just an observation

BRC007, get the Futaba's and you wont have to worry about it.
Old 05-25-2002, 08:13 PM
AJF--2
My Feedback: (119)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Didn't see the Multiplex in the poll--wonder how they would rate?