Community
Search
Notices
RC Radios, Transmitters, Receivers, Servos, gyros Discussion all about rc radios, transmitters, receivers, servos, etc.

Power Pacer battery cycler

Search this Thread

Old 03-01-2003, 01:33 PM
cronesracing

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Power Pacer battery cycler

I have not had my planes out for a year due to other comitments. It's time again!!!!!! AQ friend gave me
an old Power Pacer battery cycler that he got at a swap meet so that I can get my stuff ready for the air again.
If anyone has the info on the power pacer battery cycler, I sure would like to get a scaned copy I don't have any idea how long to charge with it or anything about it. It has a yellow face with two knobs on it in a black bakelite case. If you have any info could you please forward it. Thank You,
Jeff
Old 03-05-2003, 09:43 PM
Ladyflyer
My Feedback: (2)

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Power Pacer battery cycler

That is the old LR Taylor Power Pacer. It just put a fixed load on the pack and measured the time to discharge with a clock motor . a pretty basic reliable piece. I would charge the batteries with whatever charger and length of charge you normally use and use the results given by the power pacer. The main thing you are looking for is relative readings . Establish a good baseline and keep track of the readings from each pack. When you notice a sizeable drop in capacity and the capacity is still low after a few subsequent charge /discharge cycles it is time to send those batts to the recycle center. It is easier to recycle batteries than planes and or people !