Community
Search
Notices
RC Radios, Transmitters, Receivers, Servos, gyros Discussion all about rc radios, transmitters, receivers, servos, etc.

What about the Hitech 7

Search this Thread

Old 01-08-2004, 07:40 PM
P-40LUVR

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default What about the Hitech 7

Would the Hitech Eclipse 7 with the spectra module where you can program 50 freq. in the radio be a better radio to own than the Futaba 8uaf or 8uafs?
That would be pretty neat to be able to switch freq. at the field if somebody is on the channel you are and have to wait on them.
Old 01-09-2004, 01:47 AM
3DFanatic
My Feedback: (5)

Default RE: What about the Hitech 7

Personally, I'd get Futaba's 9C. There's a synthesizer coming out for it next month! Way better than eiteh of those two radios, too.
Old 01-09-2004, 11:11 AM
SwampFlier-RCU

However for the price the Eclipese is better than the 8 ch Futaba's
The 9C cmay be better if you need more channels
Old 01-09-2004, 12:35 PM
pettit
My Feedback: (23)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Remember that both the Hitec and Futaba transmitters with the adjustable frequency module are not a cure-all. You still have to change the receiver crystal to the new frequency.

There's a new transmitter and receiver on the market that is supposed to take care of this inconvenience. Not much of a technical review in recent issue of one of the "other" magazines, but worth a look anyway.
Old 01-09-2004, 02:29 PM
JohnW
My Feedback: (6)

Switching Freqs isn't as cool as it may first seem. The reality of the situation is that in order to change your freq at the field, you need to take apart your plane so you have access to the RX then to change the freq, you'd either crystal swap or turn some dials on a synth RX, then put your plane back together again, range check, etc. By the time you did all that, your original freq would probably be open anyway. Xtal swapping is a pain. Synth RXs cost a bundle. Even on my planes that have synth RX's I rarely change freq even if my freq is in use... I just wait my turn.

Why have the synth? Those of us (like myself) that use synth TX modules do so primarily for the convenience of not being locked into one freq, but 99.9% of the time I always use the same channel #. It is also nice when helping students to be able to program my radio for thier plane without needing to change thier RX.

As for the Futaba 8U series, you can get a synth module for that radio for probably $100 or so. Quite honestly, I'd think you'd be better off spending that money on a more advanced radio without the synth module, such as a Futaba 9CAP.
Old 01-09-2004, 11:57 PM
vkmaynard
My Feedback: (1)

I have an Eclipse 7 and a new Futaba 9C. The 9C is a much better more flexible radio. I out grew my Eclipse with dual elevator servos.

Another big plus for the 9C is that you can hook up their simple 4 Ch trainer box and use all the mixing in the 9C with no set up required on the training box, just pug and play.

The 9C programming is superior the Eclipse.

Victor
Old 01-10-2004, 02:14 AM
3DFanatic

John, not for me My 25% Sukhoi features a scale-opening canopy to gain instant access to tail servos, battery, reciever, AND switch( so no accidentally bumping it off). Pretty neat
Old 01-10-2004, 11:49 PM
qweedqwag
My Feedback: (18)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Ya look at the price you pay for a 9c, you should get a free dinner with the cost of these thingys.
Old 01-11-2004, 01:51 AM
3DFanatic

No dinner, but you DO get a free CAMPac memory module that will hold an additional 6 planes/helis/gliders!