Community
Search
Notices
RC Radios, Transmitters, Receivers, Servos, gyros Discussion all about rc radios, transmitters, receivers, servos, etc.

2 servos for airlerons ?

Search this Thread

Old 01-10-2004, 05:39 AM
LDM
My Feedback: (15)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default 2 servos for airlerons ?

I am building my first plane over 68" that requires 2 servos (1 for each airleron )-do I need to re-wire one of them to get them to operate the correct maner . They are standard futaba servos. Same question on flaps -I assume no re-wire needed since they function in the same for both sides.

One more question please - torque- can mini servoe be used on flaps - how much torque is needed to hold and flap down in the 45degree deflection for a 9 pound model?

Thanks for any and all help
Old 01-10-2004, 08:41 AM
Josey Wales
My Feedback: (61)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: 2 servos for airlerons ?

You dont need to rewire them all you have to do is reverse one of them for the ailerons.
Old 01-10-2004, 08:45 AM
LDM
My Feedback: (15)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Thanks , I thought s but the guy at the hobby shop told me differantly .
Old 01-10-2004, 08:52 AM
Geistware
My Feedback: (16)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

No, make sure that both rods are either on the outboard or inboard side of the servo.
That is all you need.

ORIGINAL: LDM

I am building my first plane over 68" that requires 2 servos (1 for each airleron )-do I need to re-wire one of them to get them to operate the correct maner . They are standard futaba servos. Same question on flaps -I assume no re-wire needed since they function in the same for both sides.

One more question please - torque- can mini servoe be used on flaps - how much torque is needed to hold and flap down in the 45degree deflection for a 9 pound model?

Thanks for any and all help