Community
Search
Notices
RC Radios, Transmitters, Receivers, Servos, gyros Discussion all about rc radios, transmitters, receivers, servos, etc.

Servo Connectors to a 4 Channel Reciever

Search this Thread

Old 01-13-2004, 01:33 PM
mikefev

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Servo Connectors to a 4 Channel Reciever

Can anyone tell me what a JST connector is and why they are used on PICO or NARO 4 channel recievers.
I was shopping on Balsa Products web site and I wanted to get a 4 channel receiver for my Soar Star. I am using GWS servos with a universal connection. When I spoke to the manager at Balsa products they informed me that the 4p receivers were no longer available and the only one they had in stock had the JST connectors.
Are there servos specially made with these connectors?? Why???

Thanks in advance for responses.

VR Mike[]
Old 01-13-2004, 01:44 PM
mr.rc-cam

Default RE: Servo Connectors to a 4 Channel Reciever

The JST connectors save weight. Some micro servos have these little connectors on them. If you aren't concerned about every last gram of your models's AUW, then stick with a Rx that has the stock 3-pin connector on it.
Old 01-13-2004, 02:14 PM
mikefev

Default RE: Servo Connectors to a 4 Channel Reciever

Thanks Mr RC-Cam. Hard to believe the connectors would save that much weight but, as I learned the hard way, too much weight with an electric and it doesn't fly!

Thanks again
VR Mike