Community
Search
Notices
RC Radios, Transmitters, Receivers, Servos, gyros Discussion all about rc radios, transmitters, receivers, servos, etc.

Can you use a hitec chrystal?

Search this Thread

Old 01-15-2004, 01:57 AM
Wolfpack

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Can you use a hitec chrystal?

can you use a hitec duel conversion chrystal in a futaba duel conversion receiver?

oh, question #2 , is it only futaba that has the high and low band receivers? do they make a receiver that covers all bands? I dont remember seeeing this high and low band receiver issue with hitec...?
Old 01-15-2004, 12:58 PM
dirtybird
My Feedback: (5)

Default RE: Can you use a hitec chrystal?

Question #1 The LHS sells Htec crytals for Futaba receivers. I have one and it works for me. I suggest you carefully range check it.
Question #2 I don't think Hitec devides their receivers into two bands like Futaba does.
Old 01-15-2004, 01:12 PM
Montague

I've never done it myself, but several people I know swap Hitec and Futaba crystals around. Personally, I do swap Hitech and FMA back and forth with no issues. It's always a good idea to range check when messing with the RX.

I have a very old AM JR RX that is "low band", but other than that, Futaba is the only one I know of. There might be others though.
Old 01-27-2004, 12:23 AM
RichLockyer

A crystal is a crystal, and the only difference between them is the frequency that it is operating at.
If (and I'm pulling this number out of my butt) channel 25 uses a 7.258mhz crystal, then ANY 7.258mhz will be compatible, be it from Hitec, Futaba, Airtronics, or Orvac Electronics.
The problem is, you have to know what's what.
RF receivers use internal oscillators and crystals that mix with the one you plug in. To get the same 72.29mhz for channel 25, different manufacturers MAY use different intermediate frequencies.
The only way to know is to inspect the crystals.
Old 01-27-2004, 05:59 AM
FlyinBrian

Rx design differs between manufacturers and often the IF frequency (which is the frequency the rx crystal operates at) differs between makes. My Multiplex equipment only works with Multiplex crystals and my Hitec Rxs (Dual conversion) only works with Hitec xtals though I have not tried Futaba xtals.

This is on 35Mhz

FB
Old 01-27-2004, 06:51 AM
Geistware
My Feedback: (16)

Ihave used HiTec crystals in a futaba receiver because the RF sections are very much alike. TO improve noise rejection, Futaba uses a tighter band in its front end. While this makes Futaba range test shorter than JR, it will also make the "front end" less able to receive down or up frequency signals and noise.