Notices
RC Radios, Transmitters, Receivers, Servos, gyros Discussion all about rc radios, transmitters, receivers, servos, etc.

G2 Interface Cord used as a trainer cord?

Old 01-15-2004, 12:17 PM
whitewater111
My Feedback: (2)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default G2 Interface Cord used as a trainer cord?

I have a Futaba 9ch and would like to train someone on a JR xf631. Will the interface cord that came with the G2 package work? It has both plugs for both radios.
Old 01-15-2004, 12:53 PM
dirtybird
My Feedback: (5)

Default RE: G2 Interface Cord used as a trainer cord?

I doubt it
Old 01-15-2004, 02:45 PM
olivier

Default RE: G2 Interface Cord used as a trainer cord?

Hi,

The interface cord you are using with the futaba 9C and the G2 is only made to use the OUTbound signal of the 9C to go to the pc for pc-sim (simplistic explanation).

In your case, you would need a buddy lead that brings the out-signal of the JR to the IN-port of the 9C, which is clearly not the same.
Furthermore, the PPM-signals of JR and Futaba are reversed, which is easily to be equalized by a simple electronic inverter. But the most difficult incompatibility problem is the channel assignment. JR is using another channel assignment than Futaba.
Check out my website chapter 1 what the compatibility-difficulties for buddy box between different brands of RC-transmitters are, and how to eventually overcome them. But judging to your question, I doubt you would be willing to try some connection.
Olivier