Community
Search
Notices
RC Radios, Transmitters, Receivers, Servos, gyros Discussion all about rc radios, transmitters, receivers, servos, etc.

Old Airtronics radio

Search this Thread

Old 01-29-2004, 06:43 PM
TheParrot

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Old Airtronics radio

Hi! I have an old Airtronics radio on Channel 48. This reciever is an AM reciever. It is not a narrow band and I'm not sure if it is the same frequency as the 48 used now. Anyone know anything about the frequency/channel that it would be now?
Old 01-29-2004, 07:26 PM
wisdom-seeker

Default RE: Old Airtronics radio

The transmitter itself may not be broadcasting a narrow enough signal. Unless it has been certified as compliant with the current FCC regulations by a radio technician, then you should not use it anywhere anyone else is flying. There's a significant chance that you could shoot down someone that is not even on your channel.
Old 01-29-2004, 07:32 PM
TheParrot

Well if I find out waht frequency it is (lets just say its 52) then couldnt I just fly it on channel 52? Or am I missing something?
Old 01-29-2004, 07:39 PM
wisdom-seeker

What I'm saying is that if you were on channel 50 for example, you could be splattering channels 48, 49, 51, and 52 at the same time. Two properly tuned radios should be able to operate on adjacent channels at the same time. I don't think that your transmitter will comply with this.