Notices
RC Radios, Transmitters, Receivers, Servos, gyros Discussion all about rc radios, transmitters, receivers, servos, etc.

Futaba MSA 10

Old 01-31-2004, 08:45 AM
airega1
My Feedback: (204)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Futaba MSA 10

Has anyone ever used the Futaba MSA 10 servo syncronizer? I guess it's Futaba's answer to the matchbox. I don't know if I want to go with "Y" connectors or this new syncronizer. not much can go wrong with "Y" connectors versus some type of circuitry.
Old 02-01-2004, 11:55 PM
Lynx

Default RE: Futaba MSA 10

Depends on what you need it for. If the servo's are being run on the same control surface a 'matchbox' is a good idea to keep the surface from being put under too much stress from the differential torque the servo's create because they go to the same position at slightly different times. It's critical with digital servo's because they have higher low end torque and it can break the control surface and just generally wastes energy fighting the other servo.
Old 02-02-2004, 12:23 AM
Flyfalcons

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I have two MSA-10s in my Comp-ARF; one in each wing to match the aileron servos (8411s). I only have one flight on them so far (darn weather) but going through the set up process was very easy and the servos are much happier now that they are matched.
Old 02-03-2004, 12:55 AM
3DFanatic
My Feedback: (5)

<Quickly programs his HiTec digitals to travel the same distance at t he same speed without excess weight>