Notices
RC Radios, Transmitters, Receivers, Servos, gyros Discussion all about rc radios, transmitters, receivers, servos, etc.

Futaba 6XAS - Flap control

Old 05-31-2002, 03:25 PM
cassio

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Futaba 6XAS - Flap control

Hello everybody. I'm thinking on put flaps on my plane and I'd like to know if somebody already used Futaba 6XAS to do it. The issue is that: I'd like have 3 flap stages: Up, medium and down. There is a knob, I know, but it seems difficult to set it up during flight... I'd like to use two switches: Is it possible? How do I do?
Thank you in advance.
Old 05-31-2002, 04:09 PM
amcross
My Feedback: (2)

Cassio,
The only way I can think of is if you did a setup with flaps actually on the gear channel, and the gear channel switch would be your all the way up all the awy down switch and you could then use the elevator dual rate switch -- aka mixing switch -- to have a mix that is ch 5 to ch 5 -X% which would decrease the travel of the servo when the switch was in that position.
Old 05-31-2002, 04:27 PM
cassio

It's an excellent idea... I'll try it.
Thank you, Mrs. AnnMarie.
Old 06-12-2002, 07:29 PM
cassio

Mr Amcross, I didn't put flaps on my plane... I decided for flaperons for ease and now I'm in doubt about your reply(below). The servos are already installed.
How can I have two positions control if I'm using the 6 channel to do control the flaperons (not the 5 channel, like with flap)?

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Cassio,
The only way I can think of is if you did a setup with flaps actually on the gear channel, and the gear channel switch would be your all the way up all the awy down switch and you could then use the elevator dual rate switch -- aka mixing switch -- to have a mix that is ch 5 to ch 5 -X% which would decrease the travel of the servo when the switch was in that position.
Old 06-13-2002, 11:16 AM
amcross
My Feedback: (2)

Cassio,
You have a couple of options:

1) use airbrake: http://www.futabarc.com/faq/faq-6xsuper-q233.html

2) now use a pmix, flap to flap the desired % (as discussed before in the using the gear channel scenario), to give you your 'in between' position;
3) need to use another pmix to turn the knob completely off. http://www.futabarc.com/faq/faq-6xsuper-q60.html