Community
Search
Notices
RC Radios, Transmitters, Receivers, Servos, gyros Discussion all about rc radios, transmitters, receivers, servos, etc.

wrong channels?

Search this Thread

Old 02-06-2004, 04:28 PM
waterskier4u022

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default wrong channels?

hey people im looking to buy a p51 reno racer from hobby people .net but i have a problem i was looking at the hitech 4 chanel radio system but the 4 channel reciever crystal didnt mactch the same crystal on the radio transmitter and im confused because they dont sell the one that matches the radio transmitter if any one has any time then please reply back
Old 02-07-2004, 08:19 AM
amcross
My Feedback: (2)

Default RE: wrong channels?

Waterskier,
I'm a little confused. The retail website hobbypeople is offering an airplane with radio system but somewherein the information you found they're offering a transmitter on, lets say, ch 21 and the receiver is on, lets say , channel 43? or you saw a picture and they don't match? Please explain further or provide a link.

Sincerely,
AnnMarie Cross
President
Crosswinds Equine Rescue, Inc
http://www.crosswindseqresq.org/
Old 02-07-2004, 08:20 AM
Rodney

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

It is not clear what you mean about the crystals in the transmitter and receiver not matching. The transmitter crystal is not the same as the reciever crystal (they cannot be interchanged) and are not exactly the same frequency if you are looking at the actual frequency in megacycles. The RC units are usually marked by a channel number (11 thru 60) for aircraft use. If your transmitter crystal is the same channel number as the receiver number you are okay, i.e. both marked channell 20 or XX you are okay. Any hobby shop should be able to explain that to you if you are still in doubt.
Old 02-07-2004, 05:28 PM
waterskier4u022

hey ya thats my point please go to hobby people.net for me and look up the radio crystals well then look up lets say a 4 channel hi tech radio flash system well now look at the channels
Old 02-07-2004, 05:30 PM
waterskier4u022

hey ann go to hobby people.net just look at the post i put to rodney
Old 02-07-2004, 06:46 PM
amcross
My Feedback: (2)

sorry, waterskier, you aren't making sense. When you buy a radio system it includes transmitter and receiver and both crystals already installed and properly tuned in both. You dont then need to buy other crystals, they're already in the system. Perhaps it would be best for you to call hobby people and talk through what you're ordering with someone there to ensure you're getting just what it is you want/need.

Sincerely,
AnnMarie Cross
President
Crosswinds Equine Rescue, Inc
http://www.crosswindseqresq.org/
Old 02-07-2004, 07:21 PM
waterskier4u022

yeas i know but see i was buying a radio without a reciever i think i dont know hehe n e ways i went to servocity.com and found a hitec flash system i think with 4 servos and a reciever and all that for only 140.00 i think this is a great deal dont u? reply!