Community
Search
Notices
RC Radios, Transmitters, Receivers, Servos, gyros Discussion all about rc radios, transmitters, receivers, servos, etc.

New Futaba 7 CH Radio

Search this Thread

Old 02-11-2004, 07:58 PM
cassidy
My Feedback: (5)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default New Futaba 7 CH Radio

My LHS is now selling the new 7 channel Futaba. Looks like the new 6EXA but has more powerful programming functions as well as the wheel from the 9C. Comes with the updated charger, 127 receiver and 4 3501 digital servos. It has a PCM capability and can be ordered with 3 different servo types and also the 139 PCM RX. My LHS is getting $279.00
Old 02-11-2004, 10:12 PM
bpannier

Default RE: New Futaba 7 CH Radio

Does it have a module or plug in crystal,
Thanks can not tell from specs.
Old 02-12-2004, 12:40 AM
cajunhemi

Does anyone have any more info. on this X-mitter?
Futaba web site has nothing about it, which I find really odd.
I just bought a 6ax and i might swapp it out with the new 7 fun
if the programming is about the same. The 6ea has alot less features
than the 6ax so my question is is the 7 fun. = to the 6ea or the 6ax
Thanks for any info posted.
I am going to be using this on a ultra stick 60 with flaps
so the 7 channel would be great if it has the programming
as the 6ax
Old 02-15-2004, 06:17 PM
Bob101

Tower has it listed now as a 7C, a lot "like" the 9C but a 7 channel.

Problem at tower is it's packaged right now only with digital servos etc.. making it actually more expensive than the 9C package, and not available as just a transmitter (I think tower never sells just a transmitter).

I really don't see a market for it honestly unless the price drops a LOT. If you want a cheap 6 channel you get a 6EXA or something for half the price, if you want to step up from that get a 9C that will last forever.
Old 02-15-2004, 09:02 PM
rik1024
My Feedback: (1)

Tower is selling it with the standard servos #3004 for $279.00 iam going to order one in the next few weeks
Old 02-15-2004, 09:21 PM
PropAce

I just went to "Adventure Hobbies" and picked one up for $250 with FM a reciver and PPM modulation with (4) Futaba 3004 servos they are great i am having one set up to put in my Sig Extra im building looks like a great match il post an online manual and ask if Eric Royer can do a review on it for all the Modelers. but to answer your question this radio is awsome from comparing the manuals i can only see that 2 channels were taken out and 3 of the pre programed snap rolls leaving you one preprogramed and 2 you can program yourself. has a plug in crystle from what i can see making it very nice to interchange the channels with no high or low bandwith limits. the reciver you get however will have bandwith limits. their are many more things i could say but id be up all night feel free to make a post for a question to me or you can PM me.

Happy Flying modelers
Old 02-16-2004, 01:31 PM
Swager

Looks like Tower is selling the CAF7 with S3004s for $249.99.
Old 02-16-2004, 04:07 PM
FLYBOY
My Feedback: (11)

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

For $250 with 4 servos, if it is the 7C model, I don't know why anyone would want any of their cheaper radios. That radio is going to be big. The 9C is the best radio I have used, but if they can sell the 7Ch at $250, it will be a best seller for them.
Old 02-16-2004, 10:45 PM
3DFanatic
My Feedback: (5)

Ya got that right! Powerful little radio.
Old 02-17-2004, 12:11 PM
Swashbuckler

I just bought mine from Tower last week. I went with the 4 standard servos instead of the digis. I can't wait to get it. I think it will be popular with people like me who want to step up to a computerized radio, but who are not yet ready for an advanced 9 channel radio (in terms of skill and money!).
Old 02-18-2004, 12:19 PM
MAPPER

I just got mine from Tower about 2 weeks ago. They called it "special purchase" but anyway I got the whole outfit
with standard ball bearing servos for $241.00 and free shipping since I am a tower club member. This is my first computer
Radio and so far I think it is going to be fantastic. Its easy to program and has a lot of nice features that other radios
in that price range did not have. I will know more once I really start using it.

Map
Old 02-18-2004, 12:37 PM
localbuyer
My Feedback: (6)

Does Futaba 7C use frequency module? And is the module same as the ones used in 9C?

Thank
Old 02-18-2004, 05:06 PM
amcross
My Feedback: (2)

Local, No. 7C uses crystal not modules.

Sincerely,
AnnMarie Cross
President
Crosswinds Equine Rescue, Inc
http://www.crosswindseqresq.org/
Old 02-18-2004, 10:01 PM
tgburnett
My Feedback: (2)

I certainly hope your 7CAP works longer than mine. I just got mine today and was swapping a plane over to it when the "do-all-button" would not function when "pressed". Buyers beware!
Needless to say, Futaba has got quite a piece of my mine to read when they arrive for work tomorrow!
Greg

UPDATE!!! Not wishing to give up and send the transmitter in for repairs, I dove into the guts to see if there was a loose wire or something (ha!). Shows what I know about electronics! LOL! Anyway, through the dissassembly and reassembly of the transmitter, I discovered that the button was interfering with the distance the switch must travel to make the contact. Futaba has a parts compatibility or dimensional problem between mating parts. If the button is lightly pressed into place, it makes the switch. If it's pressed on too firmly, it restricts the motion of the switch from detenting far enough to make contact. A problem identified and resolved. Too bad I ain't on the payroll!

Irregardless, I still like the Futaba products! Can't wait to program it to the new plane!

Greg
Old 02-19-2004, 09:14 AM
Funtanas56

i just moved it over to my new sig extra and pushed the do all button and it was all ok.
Old 03-16-2004, 01:06 AM
trroscoe
My Feedback: (39)

Servo city is selling just the tx for 149.00. This is a great deal on this radio if you already have servo's and RX's. Check out servocity.com.

Rick