Notices
RC Radios, Transmitters, Receivers, Servos, gyros Discussion all about rc radios, transmitters, receivers, servos, etc.

servo wheel differental

Old 02-14-2004, 12:29 AM
ponderosa

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default servo wheel differental

Some planes require a differential up vs down in the aileron movement. The big round wheel that came with the servo and has no holes seems to be the one that is intended for this because it has 8 radial divisions and 4 concentric circles. The concentric circles are labeled 8.2, 10, 12.5, and 15. My question is, do these numbers represent the difference in degrees between up and down if one were to drill at the radius-circle intersection or do they represent mm of difference or something else entirely.

Bruce
Old 02-14-2004, 06:06 AM
Geistware
My Feedback: (16)

Default RE: servo wheel differental

If I am not mistaken, it is the length in MM from the center.
Old 02-14-2004, 11:54 PM
wisdom-seeker

Default RE: servo wheel differental

If you don't get differential from your radio, you can control it by the angle of the control horn to the control surface. If the angle is 90 degrees, you get no differential. Assuming that the horn is on the top of the aileron, if the horn leans towards the servo, then you will get more down than up. If the horn leans away from the servo, you get more up than down. Remember, it is easier to aid lift than it is to spoil lift, so you will want more up aileron than down.