Community
Search
Notices
RC Radios, Transmitters, Receivers, Servos, gyros Discussion all about rc radios, transmitters, receivers, servos, etc.

Multiplex 4000 Got My Stick End Buttons

Search this Thread

Old 02-14-2004, 09:09 AM
jtholley03
My Feedback: (4)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Multiplex 4000 Got My Stick End Buttons

I got my stick ends installed from Ernie Pritchard. Great service turned it around in two days. Tuned the radio up and excellent price.

My left stick button is switch 7 and right is switch 8.

I have my dual rates set to switch 8 but nothing seems to be happening? I check in Menu 5/Switches and right is switch 8.

Any suggestions?
Old 02-14-2004, 09:39 AM
HarryC
My Feedback: (1)

Received 26 Likes on 16 Posts
Default RE: Multiplex 4000 Got My Stick End Buttons

In menu 5 switches, the arrow is going up and down as you move the switch?

Menu 1, controls, when you assign S08 as the switch to d/r, does it show * when the switch is one way and no asterisk in the other direction?

The d/r value is markedly less than 100%?

H

PS. Your avatar is just the best!
Old 02-14-2004, 10:03 AM
jtholley03

Menu 5 yes

Menu 1 no - thats what I can't figure out?
Old 02-14-2004, 11:21 AM
HarryC

This tells me that the switch is a 2 position switch but it has been wired centre and one end only instead of centre and both ends. Centre and both ends is preferable.

When you look at the switch monitor in menu 5 it is toggling between square and down arrow is it not? In effect you are toggling the bottom pin of the switch on and off. A bi-state attribute such as d/r reads the top pin of the switch, so toggling the bottom pin on and off tells it nothing. The top pin that the d/r reads is permanently off since it has not been wired.

Anyway, open the case, unplug S08 from the motherboard and plug it back in the other way around. That way the pin that is going on and off becomes the top pin and the d/r can read it.

Now look at the switch monitor, it will be toggling between square and arrow up. The d/r will now read this as on and off.

Grateful donations in the form of crates of proper room temperature English ale may be sent to.........!

H
Old 02-14-2004, 11:42 AM
jtholley03

Sent you PM Harry
Old 02-14-2004, 12:03 PM
jtholley03

Switching them around worked, thx. Now I need to make a knife edge mixer. I will use my left hand switch #7 which I also reversed. Can you help me here?
Old 02-14-2004, 07:20 PM
HarryC

You need to have created that model using the universal base model, or by using my hint of ccopying from a MASTER model that was created from the universal template.

Menu 2, assign aileron servo(s) to servomix, its the last in the assignment list. Assign elevator servo(s) to servomix.

Menu 2, mixers, for each aileron servo input 1 = aileron trim, input 2 = rudder (no trim, press R to toggle trim on and off). For each elevator servo input 1 = elevator trim, input 2 = rudder no trim. Whilst in each servo you can give the servo a name by pressing the top right triangle, such as AILLEFT and AILRIGHT which helps you identify them by name rather than by channel number at the next step.

Menu 1, servo, travel/curve, choose each servo in turn and choose each input in turn, for the aileron and elevator inputs the switch should be ON and travels will around 73% or 100%, for the rudder inputs set switch to S07 and travels as required.

That's a very basic, centre to end, linear mixer of the type you get on normal computer radios. If you want you can go up to 13 point curves for the rudder input so that the aileron or elevator response to rudder is non linear. For example, my Synergy needs a small amount of rudder to down elevator but it is pretty much constant as rudder is increased whereas a normal mixer keeps increasing the down elevator. Then at extreme rudder for knife edge loops it suddenly reverses and needs a huge amount of up elevator. A 13 point curve on the rudder input allows me to make the curve a horizontal line rather than an inclined line for most of the way then suddenly at points 1 and 13 the curve flips reverses its direction from a positive to a negative number.

You will notice it seems a nuisance to have to adjust each servo separately. It also means that you can't use the digi-adjustor to set the mix in flight since it can only alter one servo at a time. It would be better to be able to adjust one curve for rudder to both aileron servos and one curve for rudder to both elevator servos, it makes life easier and it means you can use the digi-adjustor to set the mix for each in flight regardless of how many aileron or elevator servos you are using. That is a job that multi-mixers can do for you, you create a rudder curve in a multmixer and cascade that curve down through the servomixers. You use one multimix for the rudder to aileron curve and one multimix for the rudder to elevator curve. Have a read of the manual, then if you need help give me a shout.

H
Old 02-15-2004, 11:10 AM
jtholley03

OK got it programmed without the multimix just the general way. Will adjust curve when I go back downstairs to the plane. I will stick with this for now. I can't even find a switch while I am flying so I won't worry about the digiadjuster yet. One I get the knife edge down I will the go back to that.

I set all my models up from the get go to be Universal.

I set my servos up to follow my controls.

Servo 1 - Control A - Rudder
Servo 2 - Control B - Throttle
Servo 3 - Control C - Aileron L
Servo 4 - Control C - Aileron R
Servo 5 - Control D - Elevator L
Servo 6 - Control D - Elevator R

All Servos - Servomix

2S 1200 mah LiPo works great. Fully charged it (out of the Tx) yestarday. Flew for half an hour and only used maybe 5-7 percent. So it will be nice. Weighs less than one cell of a 6 cell nicad/nimh pack. Need to put shrink wrap on it so I can put velco to attach it in the bay.

Harry - what is the Ale type of choice. I prefer some IPA's but really like the Porters and Stouts. Being American by birth I still like them cold. But I really love Jasper's (Old No 7) Tennessee Sour Mash. If I could afford it I would buy it by the barrel and from the top rick since I like a little more bite.

Thx for your help.
Old 02-15-2004, 05:16 PM
HarryC

JT, can you tell me more about the lipoly, am very interested. It's a two cell? What voltage is that nominally, and what does it put out under load, what is showing on the Tx screen?

H
Old 02-15-2004, 06:06 PM
jtholley03

2 1200 Mah Lipo cells wired in series. They are Kokams. 3.6 x 2 (in series) = 7.4 full charge 8.4 fully charged read 8.3 something on my just calibrated meter in the Tx. Can't let them go lower than 6.0. I have my alarm at 6.8 since thats what the manual said was the default. After half an hour of flying I am right at 8V so it would be good for a days flying I'm sure.