Community
Search
Notices
RC Radios, Transmitters, Receivers, Servos, gyros Discussion all about rc radios, transmitters, receivers, servos, etc.

Stabilant 22....electrical conductivity enhancer

Search this Thread

Old 06-04-2002, 12:12 AM
jfangohr

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Stabilant 22....electrical conductivity enhancer

There is a product on the market that I think every RC enthusiast should know about. I’ve been using it at work for some time and am very impressed with it and have decided to start using it on my RC equipment. It is an electrical conductivity enhancer that when applied to the pins of a connector gives the conductivity of a soldered joint. It’s called Stabilant 22 and is available at any auto parts store that carries the Echlin line, part number CE1. I know I have a few extension harnesses and various receiver sockets that make me nervous so I’m going to use this on them. Countless models have gone down over the years because of poor electrical connections that may have been saved by this product. Below are a few websites that discuss it:

http://www.stabilant.com.au/what_is_stabilant_22_.html
http://www.ralaudioservices.com/stb.html

Take a look when you can and see what you think.

John Fangohr
Old 06-04-2002, 01:21 AM
Vince
My Feedback: (1)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Stabilant 22....electrical conductivity enhancer

Hey John, this stuff really works. I had a 97 Honda Goldwing, that is until a woman turned left in front of me. Anyway the LCD screen that displays the radio, clock, and other bits of user information started to go flakey on it. By the time it would act up and I could get it to the Honda dealer, it would clear up. Finally I got so fed up with it I left it at the dealership for a mechanic to drive home and to work. After several days it acted up, they cured it by cleaning the board contacts and putting some Stabilant 22 on the contactors.

I had forgotten about this stuff, thanks for mentioning it.

Vince