Community
Search
Notices
RC Radios, Transmitters, Receivers, Servos, gyros Discussion all about rc radios, transmitters, receivers, servos, etc.

Kraft plug in frequency modules

Search this Thread

Old 02-14-2004, 07:43 PM
apteryx

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Kraft plug in frequency modules

I don't have a catalog past 1978. Does anyone have information on the later Kraft plug-in FM modules and what radios they are used on ? I know the Bicentenial 1976 Kraft radios used a plug in module under the cover and that will accept only the AM module (others don't fit). On later series radios like "80" the frequency module plugs into the top and will accept the AM or FM modules for all frequencies. Which modules are supported by the various radios ? all 5Cs, 7Cs ??
Old 02-14-2004, 10:44 PM
skyliner

Default RE: Kraft plug in frequency modules

I have a few old Kraft catalogs thru 1985. None show any TX plug in modules (accessible from
top) except for the KPT7C the KPT7CS (single stick) and the Signature Series. Those systems where first introduced with switchable modules with Bicentennial Series (76), I think.! I am not sure but I think 1985 may have the last year of the top line 7ch, stuff

I recall it as a big deal because you could change freq. by swapping the TX/RX modules without retuning the systems Of course you had to stay with either AM or FM with both modules.

Sometime in the early 80's Kraft became a subsidiary of a parent company called the Carlisle
Corporation and introduced some lower priced system called the K-Line to try to stay competitive in the marketplace.
Old 02-14-2004, 11:11 PM
apteryx

The 1976 catalog shows the introduction of plug-in modules, so I assume that's the first year with all the 27Mhz, 53Mhz, old 72Mhz, and old 75Mhz AM modules. The 3C, 5C, and 5CS had under the cover module installation and the 7C and 7CS had external AM modules. I don't know when they introduced the Signature Series ....1978 ? but it also has external modules. Do you know when the FM modules were introduced in your catalogs ? does it advertize them as narrow band ? and were they OK to use on ANY of the older 7C, 7CS and Signature Series units ? Say series 76 ? They won't fit in a 3C, 5C, or 5CS due to the additional length.

Yes, the K-Line plastic units they went to due to the competition was the end. So that was in the mid 80s.
Old 02-15-2004, 12:13 AM
skyliner

I don't have a 1981 price sheet, but in 1982 price sheet, the FM modules for TX and the FM RX's are listed. The info have states that if 76 or newer they could be converted to FM. They produced Signature Series radios in the 70's but the older ones did not have plug in modules.

They were priced, without any of the available options, at $899.95 for the dual stick and $999.95 for the single stick. They were custom built to order and had your name inscribed on a plate on the TX. I have a pamphlet they sent out in Oct "82 with info on the new freq's. and conversion to FM. Send me a e-mail and I will scan the pamphlet and attach it to the e-mail if you would like