Community
Search
Notices
RC Radios, Transmitters, Receivers, Servos, gyros Discussion all about rc radios, transmitters, receivers, servos, etc.

What does "X" Year Warranty Mean

Search this Thread

Old 06-05-2002, 04:57 PM
bob_nj
My Feedback: (62)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default What does "X" Year Warranty Mean

Let's say I have a pair of xyz servos with a 3 year warranty which is the standard in alot of the systems and components these days. After 6 months of normal use the xyz's go in for service for excessive backlash. They are repaired under warranty and returned. Do I still have 30 months warranty left? If the same problem persists in the next 6 months do you think the same will apply? What if I had bought a dozen of them? How would that work? thanks_bob
Old 06-05-2002, 06:02 PM
MyStar-RCU

Default What does "X" Year Warranty Mean

bob_nj,

You must be referring to JR because I don't know of any other R/C company that warranties their products for three years.

Your warranty should start from the date of purchase and end three years after the date of purchase regardless if you sent the xyz servos in for repair or not during the warranty period.

Does this answer your question?

Don
Old 06-06-2002, 07:46 AM
bob_nj
My Feedback: (62)

Default Busted

OK, they are Jr's. I'm not bashing, just curious. My 2721's just keep getting real sloppy. I had to take a pair off of the rudder on my Edge because neutral got so loose it was sort of rocking back and forth. I guess my underlying question is, how long will they keep fixing them? Is this an ongoing nuance with metal geared servos? Can I expect this kind of performance from the 8411's also? I replaced the 2721's on the ailerons with 8411's for the very same reason. Thanks_bob