Community
Search
Notices
RC Radios, Transmitters, Receivers, Servos, gyros Discussion all about rc radios, transmitters, receivers, servos, etc.

Futaba 148DF Micro or Hitec Supreme 8

Search this Thread

Old 02-22-2004, 12:50 PM
Basil Yousif
My Feedback: (3)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Futaba 148DF Micro or Hitec Supreme 8

I use both the Futaba 148DF Micro and Hitec Supreme 8 receivers for my planes and want to know which recievers are the better ones for the larger more expensive planes I have. They both seem like they work good but I do use a Futaba 9Ch transmitter and figured the Futaba 148DF Micro would probably be the better of the two since I am using a Futaba TX but want to be sure.
Old 02-22-2004, 03:26 PM
Highflight
My Feedback: (4)

Default RE: Futaba 148DF Micro or Hitec Supreme 8

With what you have, it makes no difference.

Highflight

ORIGINAL: Basil Yousif

I use both the Futaba 148DF Micro and Hitec Supreme 8 receivers for my planes and want to know which recievers are the better ones for the larger more expensive planes I have. They both seem like they work good but I do use a Futaba 9Ch transmitter and figured the Futaba 148DF Micro would probably be the better of the two since I am using a Futaba TX but want to be sure.
Old 02-22-2004, 04:39 PM
Geistware
My Feedback: (16)

Both are the same and will range test about the same.
I have both and like them both.
Old 02-23-2004, 12:24 AM
Basil Yousif

So it's just as well to go with the Futaba recievers in the smaller planes because there lighter. If there's no difference in speed or performance between the two.
Old 02-23-2004, 06:18 AM
Geistware
My Feedback: (16)

What plane do you have where 1/2 oz will make a difference? I would not worry about it. Either is good.

ORIGINAL: Basil Yousif

So it's just as well to go with the Futaba recievers in the smaller planes because there lighter. If there's no difference in speed or performance between the two.
Old 02-23-2004, 09:22 AM
hilleyja

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

The advantage of the Futaba 148DF over the Hitec Supreme 8 is strictly size and weight. The Futaba is smaller.

An alternative to the Hitec Supreme 8 in the Hitec Super Slim 8. Its size and weight is virtually the same as the Futaba 148DF. My preference is the Hitec Super Slim 8 and it is based on COST and flexibility. Although, I am currently standardizing on a couple of channels (35 & 38), in the past I have had airplanes with channels spanning the full spectrum. The Hitec RX is compatible across all channels where the Futaba is center-channeled on LOW and HIGH. BTW, channel 35 is LOW and 38 is HIGH. This will become more important when Futaba finally comes out with their 9C synthesizer.