Community
Search
Notices
RC Radios, Transmitters, Receivers, Servos, gyros Discussion all about rc radios, transmitters, receivers, servos, etc.

Buddy box, need help!

Search this Thread

Old 02-24-2004, 06:10 PM
spokman
My Feedback: (2)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Buddy box, need help!

I'm using an older Airtronics Vanguard 4 channel on my trainer but it seems that not to many people have a compatible radio at the club I"m joining. I'm looking on ebay for another Vanguard to buddy it up with so I can get trained by anyone, anytime. I'm wondering if another brand TX would work as well for this or if it has to be the list that Airtronics has for compatible radios. I'm only looking at spending $30\w shipping max for a buddy box for my TX. Any ideas? Help? Or other advice.

Thanks all!
Old 02-26-2004, 02:32 PM
spokman

Default RE: Buddy box, need help!

There has to be somone that knows something about buddy boxing this radio! I'm wondering if I could buddy box it with a Futaba Conquest 4 channel? I have one that I could probably use. Maybe one of you have an old Vanguard collecting dust you would let me have for cheap? Thanks!
Old 02-26-2004, 05:11 PM
spokman

I'm finding out more about this. Basicly you need to use a compatible radio. It isn't a simple, swap some wires, fix to use a different brand TX. A couple of places sell the Airtronics buddy box for around 30$ with cable. That is looking pretty attractive to me right now.
Old 02-27-2004, 07:52 AM
olivier

Hi,

Did you look at my website? Perhaps you're capable of fixing something cheap to overcome incompatibility between brands of transmitters concerning buddy box.
Olivier
Old 02-27-2004, 09:32 PM
spokman

Your website is really cool! It sorta makes my eyes start to glaze over though. Very technical! I think I could probably rig something using the info off your site but I'm thinking of just getting the Airtronics buddy box as I do have to return the Futaba TX I have some time.. Nice web site!
Old 09-15-2004, 08:16 AM
sean GT

BTW....the old airtronics 5 pin buddy cord can be substituted with a MIDI cable from radio shack (6$) instead of the official buddy cord (12$).