Community
Search
Notices
RC Radios, Transmitters, Receivers, Servos, gyros Discussion all about rc radios, transmitters, receivers, servos, etc.

Airtronics VG6000

Search this Thread

Old 02-27-2004, 11:29 PM
wins

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Airtronics VG6000

HI, folks anyone own an have used a VG6000 by Airtronic, it looks simple to program. And how would You rate it. Thanks Jim
Old 02-28-2004, 10:23 AM
blvdbuzzard

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Default RE: Airtronics VG6000

I set one up in a trainer for my sisters boy friend. It has a lot of usable features for the price. It took about 15 minutes to set 4 channels. The menu is easy to understand so you don't have to spend time reading the manual before you start setting it up.

Dru.
Old 03-06-2004, 08:18 PM
wins

THANKS Dru does,nt seem to be many AIRTRONICS users out here. Any more replys about VG6000 would be glad to hear from you.
Old 03-06-2004, 10:15 PM
blvdbuzzard

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

I am one of the few, the brave, the guys that use the best radios around. I have used all of the radios out there and just like the Airtronics better.

It is a good radio. It has the same case as the RD series and feels good in your hands. After using the my RD's I don't think I can go to a radio that has less mixing. The VG6000 is a combo kind of radio. It has a little bit of the RD in it as well as some of the older Radiant. I have both and can see some of each uin it. I do like the radio. My sister boy friend was suprised that I did not need to read the manual to figure it out. It is easy to program. Just remember that when setting up the dual rates, the percent you see displayed is the percent of full throw you are going to get when you flip the switch.

My best advice would be to charge, fly enjoy. Repeat as offten as possible.

Dru.
Old 03-06-2004, 10:17 PM
spokman
My Feedback: (2)

Something to consider is what do they use at the club you will be joining? You will need to be able to buddy box up with someone. You have to have a like transmitter for this to work. I like my older Airtronics TX, has a quality feel but the club I'm joining doesn't use them. You also need to consider your next radio if you stay with the hobby. If you want a JR 8 channel then get a JR beginner radio. If you want a Futaba 9C then get an entry level Futaba. Two reasons for this are you have a backup TX or you can sell your first TX on ebay and use your next radio for both planes. You also have a buddy box at that point if you want one for training others. Not to plug tower hobbies but they have a $15 dollar rebate if you buy over $150. You can get a 6 channel Futaba for 149.00, buy a glow plug and get $15 back. If you are a tower member you get free shipping to. Of course tower sold me 30 minute epoxy from GP that is actually 6 minute.. Anyways it's as good a deal as the 4 channel when you figure in the $15 rebate.