Notices
RC Radios, Transmitters, Receivers, Servos, gyros Discussion all about rc radios, transmitters, receivers, servos, etc.

FMA Direct Fortress == Futaba???

Old 02-28-2004, 02:45 PM
boss351
My Feedback: (6)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default FMA Direct Fortress == Futaba???

I have a FMA Direct dual conversion receiver that I use with my Futaba TX, channel 42. I am switching to a programmable TX (Futaba on 55 - my other planes are on channel 55, Futaba also). Are the Futaba style RX dual conversion crystals compatible with the Fortress or do I need to replace the crystal with one from FMA Direct?

Thanks,

Adam
Old 02-28-2004, 09:07 PM
JNorton
My Feedback: (2)

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default RE: FMA Direct Fortress == Futaba???

Use the FMA crystal. Why risk losing your plane? Different receiver manufactures can use different design local oscillators, to me it just isn't worth the risk.
John
Old 02-29-2004, 12:42 AM
GBR2
My Feedback: (1)

I agree with that. It always seems strange to me that someone would invest hundereds of dollars in a model aircraft and then want to risk it all with a crystal they have sitting around in a drawer rather than spending the $10 or so to get the original manufactuers crystal for their receiver.
Old 02-29-2004, 05:52 AM
Geistware
My Feedback: (16)

I too agree, if you are going to purchase a crystal for your receiver, get the MFG crystal