Community
Search
Notices
RC Radios, Transmitters, Receivers, Servos, gyros Discussion all about rc radios, transmitters, receivers, servos, etc.

Servo synchronizer or Servo reverser?

Search this Thread

Old 03-01-2004, 09:12 AM
68zbuff
My Feedback: (1)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Servo synchronizer or Servo reverser?

I have a Futaba 6XAS and am putting together a U Can Do 46. It has dual elevator servos and my radio will mix them for the elevator controls but I can't trim both servos. I have never used this type of setup before and was wondering which of these products I should go with. I will be using the Futaba SR-10 or the MSA-10 synchronizer. I have tried to read up on the subject by using the search but couldn't really find any comparisons on the two. Would someone please give me some input on the functions of the two products and the differences? Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.
Rj
Old 03-01-2004, 10:02 AM
Highflight
My Feedback: (4)

Default RE: Servo synchronizer or Servo reverser?

Many of the basic computer radios won't properly carry over the trim from the primary elevator channel to the "slaved" channel which, of course, is what you have found to be the case with your 6XAS.
However, if what you are doing to your UCanDo is pretty basic, then I'd just use a Y harness to put both servos on the one elevator channel. If you're using the same brand and type of servo for either side, it's not usually that difficult to adjust the two sides mechanically to match them up. While there's a little trial and error involved, once you've done it, you don't have to mess with it anymore.
That's how we used to do it in "the old days".

Highflight
Old 03-01-2004, 10:05 AM
JoeAirPort
My Feedback: (41)

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I was just going to post the same question using a 6EXA. I need to do the split elevator servos and I'm not sure what my options are. I don't remember seeing the elevator mixing as an option in my 6EXA manual. I'll be following this thread to see if I can pick up anything from it.

Joe
Old 03-18-2004, 09:10 PM
bclayton51

I'm building a U-CAN-DO 46 and have had the same problem. You can buy a servo reversing y harness or you can try to reverse the servo by reversing the motor and wires on the pot. This was relatively easy with older Futaba servos as the motor was wired to the circuit board. In the interm I put in S-28's for the elevator and rudder. I use these servos on quarter scale models with no problem but their getting some age on them. My opinion is if you can reverse the servo, thats best. Next would be a servo reversing y harness. And last would be the mix channel on the radio. I have the same radio you do, and I wanted to play with the flaporons.
Old 03-18-2004, 09:26 PM
mglavin
My Feedback: (31)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Another option is Hitec programmable Digitals. The sport servos are inexpensive and powerful with full programmability.

Reverse the servo direction with the programmer, then match the servos centers and end-points and you’re over it.

Purchasing the programmer is a one time investment or maybe you have a buddy with a programmer. Our local hobby shop will accommodate users with their programmer.
Old 03-19-2004, 06:31 AM
68zbuff
My Feedback: (1)

Thanks everyone for your input. I went by the LHS and purchased a servo reversing y harness with a pot on it. When I plugged it up the servo throws were the same, so I didn't have to adjust anything.
THANKS AGAIN,
Rodney