Notices
RC Radios, Transmitters, Receivers, Servos, gyros Discussion all about rc radios, transmitters, receivers, servos, etc.

help-i cut my receiver antenna

Old 03-12-2004, 10:01 AM
steener

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default help-i cut my receiver antenna

im building a tufflight 4d and the radio gear all gets embedded in the foam. i must have been half asleep last night because when i was making a slit for a servo i cut right through the antenna wire about three inches from the receiver. how can i fix this. the plane is ready to fly except for this problem.
Old 03-12-2004, 10:56 AM
dirtybird
My Feedback: (5)

Default RE: help-i cut my receiver antenna

Get out your soldering iron and solder it together. Put a bit of heat shrink over the bare spot and forget it. Since its a no current connection you really don't even have to solder it but its a bit better if you do.
Old 03-12-2004, 11:00 AM
jongurley
My Feedback: (29)

Default RE: help-i cut my receiver antenna

Cut it all off and fly, just kidding I would solder back on like dirty bird said and make sure I put heat shrink over it , I would do some major range checking of course, if you cut completely thru it then the solder/heat shrink aught to work.