Community
Search
Notices
RC Radios, Transmitters, Receivers, Servos, gyros Discussion all about rc radios, transmitters, receivers, servos, etc.

Ace Oly 5 Radios and Receivers

Search this Thread

Old 03-13-2004, 12:44 PM
Kilowatt-12kv

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Ace Oly 5 Radios and Receivers

I currently have two Ace Olympic 5 radios with receivers. They are circa 1992, gold stickered, FM, 72 mgz, 5 channel units, left hand, single stick and they are functioning perfectly. Due to my physical disability; these radios are my only option in flying r/c. Since they are getting older and no longer are being manufactured, I'm wondering what the future holds.

Can anyone provide advice on who may be able to provide or manufacture modern single stick radios?

Is it possible to buy a modern receiver for my existing transmitters? If so, what brand? Type?

My radios are wired with the Deans, three pin connectors. Is there any place where I may purchase Y cables, Servo adapter leads (deans to futaba J) and servo extensions?

Thanks to all.

Kilowatt
Old 03-13-2004, 01:07 PM
ZAGNUT
My Feedback: (1)

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default RE: Ace Oly 5 Radios and Receivers

[link]http://www.jensenjetmodels.com[/link] bought out all of Ace's remaining radio parts and builds custom radios to your specs. he also sells parts like the "chidgey stick", cases and the Microstar2000 encoders for DIY. go to [link]http://www.mstar2k.com[/link] for the specifics on the Microstar2000 computerized encoder that many people are using to upgrade older american radios.

there are two yahoo user groups for Ace radios, one for the MP8K (includes M*2K users) and another group for all other Ace radios.

dave
Old 03-13-2004, 01:51 PM
Kilowatt-12kv

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Ace Oly 5 Radios and Receivers

Thank you, Dave.

I'll ckeck the sites.

Aaron